Short Term Rental Responsibilities

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Ricardo ShillyShally
Rookie
Rookie

Short Term Rental Responsibilities

Post by Ricardo ShillyShally »

Hello :)
If I were to rent a property in the short-term (i.e. one to three months) to whom would the responsibilty of the swimming pool belong?

i.e. Cleaning, chemical treatment etc.

(Edit: Sorry, I realise that's vague, I mean is it normal to belong to one or the other party?)
Thanks. :)
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Re: Short Term Rental Responsibilities

Post by BOZ »

We handle the swimming pool as we would have to regardless of the renters.. The power and water are paid by the renters as they are the consumers at that point... There are sponsors on here that a agents in Hua Hin that can chime in on this also....
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
Ricardo ShillyShally
Rookie
Rookie

BOZ wrote:The power and water are paid by the renters as they are the consumers at that point...
Hi Boz - thanks for the quick answer. I have to ask, because what appears normal in one country may not be the case in another.

In some places, you assume 'full' responsibility when you are given the keys. :shock:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ricardo ShillyShally wrote:
BOZ wrote:The power and water are paid by the renters as they are the consumers at that point...
Hi Boz - thanks for the quick answer. I have to ask, because what appears normal in one country may not be the case in another.

In some places, you assume 'full' responsibility when you are given the keys. :shock:
It should be made fully clear in the agreement you sign, who is responsible for what - in the unlikely event it isn't referenced then you need to ask. I believe it is normal for the person renting the property to pay for cleaning (about 2000 a month but depends on size) and the landlord is responsible for pool equipment.
Ricardo ShillyShally
Rookie
Rookie

Dannie Boy wrote:It should be made fully clear in the agreement you sign, who is responsible for what - in the unlikely event it isn't referenced then you need to ask. I believe it is normal for the person renting the property to pay for cleaning (about 2000 a month but depends on size) and the landlord is responsible for pool equipment.
Hi Dan (Dannie Boy),
Thanks also for the feedback. :)

Are contracts/ agreements in Thailand typed (written) in English also?

Again, if this seems an odd question, it's because of my previous experiences whereby you either sign the tenancy agreement in the local language or don't sign at all.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ricardo ShillyShally wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:It should be made fully clear in the agreement you sign, who is responsible for what - in the unlikely event it isn't referenced then you need to ask. I believe it is normal for the person renting the property to pay for cleaning (about 2000 a month but depends on size) and the landlord is responsible for pool equipment.
Hi Dan (Dannie Boy),
Thanks also for the feedback. :)

Are contracts/ agreements in Thailand typed (written) in English also?

Again, if this seems an odd question, it's because of my previous experiences whereby you either sign the tenancy agreement in the local language or don't sign at all.
If you rent from an Agent then you can expect the contract to be in Thai and English. Whilst I believe it's more common for the renter to pay for pool cleaning, at the end of the day the rent will reflect this e.g. you pay 25,000 baht with pool cleaning included, or 23,000 without.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Our rental listings can be found here, many of them are fully managed: http://www.propertyhuahin.net/property.php?type=H&for=R
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Most cases the owner pays maintenance feed inc pool and garden, much more simple to administer and as the owner you know, its being done. Price reflects this.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I can only comment based on the few examples I know of, but it seem to me that everything is usually included in the rent unless you request otherwise.

Like you say, it differs from one country to the next. In South Africa for example, the tenant would typically assume full responsibility for the pool, garden and etc.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Ricardo ShillyShally
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks for all your feedback guys. Much appreciated. :)
dvolante9

Post by dvolante9 »

If you have a pool without any of the equipment given by the landlord where could you buy your own??
seanbraun
Novice
Novice

Post by seanbraun »

If you have a pool without any of the equipment given by the landlord where could you buy your own??
hi dvolante.

It is your choice the vast majority of the case holder pays upkeep or gear for food inc pool and enclosure.I suppose you have compose one provision letter.