88Condo

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
mikem001
Novice
Novice

88Condo

Post by mikem001 »

Does anyone have any information regarding this new development?

Thai friends reliably informed me that the development company, Subsiri, is very reliable. Construction of this complex was due to start last month and is due to be completed in June 2015.

I should add that I have made a 10% downpayment on one of the sea-facing 42m2 units. Hope to use this property for rental income in the future.

Any comments most welcome. Thank you.
Big Boy

Re: 88Condo

Post by Big Boy »

5 minutes to the town centre :? Maybe at 3 in the morning with a very strong tail wind, and very rugged suspension on your vehicle to cater for the potholes up that way.

Sea facing :? I hope you have a strong telescope.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Big Boy has about summed the situation up and work has most certainly not started; I am not even sure if the sales office is even open these days!
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

An ex-colleague of my wife is a salesperson for supsiri, based 3 days as Condo88 and 3 days at Casa Collina (supsiri's new housing development towards Black Mountain) so I got sent all the details of the project. Supsiri themselves seem a genuine firm with a good record for completion and quality, at least in Bangkok. In my opinion the condo units will rent well but cheaply, similar to Condo Chain or Sport Villa. A problem might be that many people have thought the same and hence the market will be flooded with rentals at Condo88 when complete.
It is a worry that in your post you say the condo 'was due to start', are they already delayed? Why?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

When the OP first posted, I did a Google search, as this was just another condo. It was quite an eye opener that 'special deals' ended in Sept 2012, and all that seems to have happened since is the price going up. The You Tube video is hideous.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

If the Condo 88 will be anywhere close to the two reddish question marks,
it'll be about 2.5 km from the sea as the crow humps.
Sorry for the blurred map. Dunno what's the cause.

"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

As was stated previously, Soi 88 is already a narrow and congested mess. The Court House had not opened yet when we left Hua Hin in February. How much more can they build along that soi before it just becomes one big clogged, pot holed mess, if it isn't already that way now?
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

brianks wrote:As was stated previously, Soi 88 is already a narrow and congested mess. The Court House had not opened yet when we left Hua Hin in February. How much more can they build along that soi before it just becomes one big clogged, pot holed mess, if it isn't already that way now?
Well, the court house is open now, so presumably it can only get worse :roll:
mikem001
Novice
Novice

Post by mikem001 »

Thank you everyone for your observations.

In truth, I have already visited the site and showroom (back in April). I was particularly impressed by the quality of the furnishings (but then I suppose that's what a showroom is for!). I can't say I really noticed all the potholes some people have mentioned, but then I am normally a slow and cautious driver.

As I mentioned, construction was 'due to start' in June, but I don't know whether it has (I will be back in HH mid-August to see). However, I DO already know that deadlines for completion are often not met, even in Bangkok. Seven years ago, when I bought my first condo in Bangkok, completion was delayed by 7 months. But this does not particularly bother me, as it will not be my home, rather a rental flat.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback. Many thanks.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

mikem001 wrote:I can't say I really noticed all the potholes some people have mentioned, but then I am normally a slow and cautious driver.
:shock: Were you given an epidural before you drove there? :D

Points 48; Position 18