What is "the Yellow Book" and how to get it?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

What is "the Yellow Book" and how to get it?

Post by Lung Per »

Mrs. LP had a new house built in her village and got a "Blue Book". It is apparently next to impossible for me to be listed as co-owner. I believe quite unfair since I paid for the mansion and Mrs. LP agrees. Well, this Thailand and the Ampur is Ta Praya which apparently does not see many farangs. It's located in the eastern part of Thailand, between SaKeow and Aranyapathet.

Now I hear about a "Yellow Book". What is that and how do I obtain one or become listed in it??

:D
A friend is only one click away
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: What is "the Yellow Book" and how to get it?

Post by Bristolian »

http://www.thailawonline.com/en/propert ... -blue.html

Although this website is for Isaan and regulations can vary across districts, this should give you a good guide.
:cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

Bristolian wrote:http://www.thailawonline.com/en/propert ... -blue.html

Although this website is for Isaan and regulations can vary across districts, this should give you a good guide.

Nice link by Bristolian.

I made mine in HH using a well known Notary. I have used it for the driving license, opening bank accounts, visa extensions.

Overall not required and does not prove land or house ownership. Just proof of residence!

The Thais love the blue book as it assists them for healthcare, kids schooling, making the I. D. etc, etc.

Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Lung Per wrote:Mrs. LP had a new house built in her village and got a "Blue Book". It is apparently next to impossible for me to be listed as co-owner. I believe quite unfair since I paid for the mansion and Mrs. LP agrees.
LP, the tabien baan... blue, yellow or pink... is not an ownership document of any sorts. It's issued by the Municipalities not the land offices. Any registering of ownership rights needs to be done at the land office. It's nothing much more than a document used to register person's place of residence/address. Practical use extends to a 'proof of address' document.

Scenario: You get a YB and put your name on it for a house you own (lease) / your spouse owns etc -- then you go and buy a 2nd house/rent somewhere and let out your aforementioned house -- what happens now??... what happens is you take your name off the yellow book and your tenant's name goes in.
Conclusion: Meaningless for anything tangable apart from proof of address!?!?

SJ
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here's reference to an older thread about Yellow Books: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13395

All noted SJ and others concerning Blue Books from the Motoring forum. I need to get it out of my head that these books of any colour have anything to do with property ownership. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

An interesting coincidence given the date, or Chavalit Finch is reading the forum and picking up material for articles. :D Pete :cheers:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/investi ... -blue-book
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

OK, here is the latest article on Yellow Books by Chavalit Finch.

PROPERTY IN THAILAND: PART 18 The scoop on yellow books. Pete :cheers:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/investi ... llow-books
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Thank you for your responses. Much appreciated.
A friend is only one click away
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was at the Tessebahn for another reason this morning, and while there, I thought that I'd enquire about getting a Yellow Book - :banghead: :banghead: I wish I hadn't bothered.

Step 1 - send my passport to the UK home office and ask them to provide evidence that I am British :? Hmmm.... I wonder what purpose my passport serves?

Step 2 - send the evidence that I'm British to the British Embassy in Bangkok to have it verified as genuine.

Step 3 - forget it. they obviously didn't want to give me a Yellow Book :cuss: TIT
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I was at the Tessebahn for another reason this morning,....................
Par for the course in that place. They have told my daughter that she has to write a letter stating that she owns the house and land that is on the Chanote in her (Thai) name! :banghead:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Big Boy wrote:I was at the Tessebahn for another reason this morning, and while there, I thought that I'd enquire about getting a Yellow Book - :banghead: :banghead: I wish I hadn't bothered.

Step 1 - send my passport to the UK home office and ask them to provide evidence that I am British :? Hmmm.... I wonder what purpose my passport serves?

Step 2 - send the evidence that I'm British to the British Embassy in Bangkok to have it verified as genuine.

Step 3 - forget it. they obviously didn't want to give me a Yellow Book :cuss: TIT
I went through this rigmarole to get the yellow book, bloody nightmare but got it. Difficult to get to the British Embassy and the Ministry Of Foreign affairs in a day so took me two days in BKK and a lot of money and hassle when back here.

A friend lives in the cha-am area near Palm Hills and he can goto tessabahn cha-am, no problems what so ever, they do it there and then and a lot less than my travels to Bangkok cost. Crazy red tape in HH!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I thought I would ask because I identified a couple of minor areas that it could help me, but certainly not worth the hassle Hua Hin Tessabahn required. Did you have any underlying reason for getting the yellow book JG, and more important, has it achieved what you thought it would?

Probably the big question is, "Would you do it all again?"
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Bit of an odd one this ... does anyone know if it is possible to get a yellow book in a different amphur?

Say the amphur office where the house is says "mai dai", can I try in another one even though the house is in the first one?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

I don't think so, the other ampur will refer you to the ampur the house is registered with.

However, it could be worth a try, you may catch them off guard.
:wink:
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

buksida wrote:Bit of an odd one this ... does anyone know if it is possible to get a yellow book in a different amphur?

Say the amphur office where the house is says "mai dai", can I try in another one even though the house is in the first one?
Don't think so, mate has a house near Palm Hills he tried at HH but they sent him packing to Cha Am. However that was great for him as he got it in an hour or so. Me in HH the damn tessabahn sent me to the Embassy then ministry of Foreign affairs before they would give me mine.

Even though I say 'Don't think so' TIT and who knows what they do today!!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip