Need a new kitchen

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Need a new kitchen

Post by Khundon1975 »

We have had "Black African" granite installed in several houses over the years, including in Thailand and have NEVER sealed any of it.
The wife cuts Limes and Lemons on the granite every day and it never stains.
While some stone types do need a sealer to stop staining (marble, Limestone ETC) high quality, dark, polished granites do not require it.
Many Composite worktops are susceptible to staining, mainly due to their porous nature and will benefit from a sealant being applied.
Back in the days when I worked, one of the companies in the group I worked for, built a shed load of buildings in London and around the World.
The bottom (street level) courses of the buildings were faced with polished granite, simply because it repelled dirt and grime thrown up by footfall and traffic ETC. None of it was ever sealed.

Some good info on this site.
http://www.countertopspecialty.com/granite-sealer.html
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
booboo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by booboo »

I got my kitchen from Kvik, and was very impressed with the fitting, I am extremely difficult to please and was ready to complain about everything, as normally nothing goes right having work done in Thailand, but no I couldn't fault it, I got the grey and black speckled Granite and it hasn't marked.
kun Tam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kun Tam »

local custom builtin furniture, they doing from teak wood grain multiplex. for kitchen set cabinet sink (granite/ marble top optional)etc, bedroom and living room. price about 16.000 - 20.000 / per meter long. its doesn,t matter how high your furniture is. if you need his phone service can PM me
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

Do you have a building company, by any chance.
Seems to be a lot of self-promotion in your numerous posts in the 12 hours of your membership!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk