Best walking beach / hotel?

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Big Boy

Re: Best walking beach / hotel?

Post by Big Boy »

The Marriott did close down, but has now re-opened about a year ago after a major re-build.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - how long since your last visit? The Marriott is fairly central these days, probably within 10 minutes walk of even the furthest entertainment centre. If you want the same quality, but closer to the 'old' centre,you're probably talking Hilton or Centara Grand. However, this is moving away from what are becoming very popular entertainment zones in Sois 80, 88 and 94. You will also be moving away from the main shopping malls of Market Village and Bluport.

Personally, I think the Marriott is very well placed these days.

[edit] The best fireworks are normally on the beach in front of the Intercontinental Hotel (further away).

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The weather is at it's best at this time of the year. We've just finished a very cold spell where daytime temperatures were between 20 and 24C. It's still quite cool, but daytime temperatures are a pleasant 29/30C. Evenings are dropping to low 20s. A cloud in the sky is a memorable event.

Probably still a bit chilly for beach activities for a resident, but I'd guess perfect for somebody visiting from colder climes.

As an aside, I still remember walking the beach on Christmas Day 2 years ago. Because of the sea breeze, I was wrapped up like an eskimo, but the tourists were really enjoying the 'hot' weather.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Marriott is a higher end hotel. I've never been inside, but friends have said very nice.

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

At the other end you can get a quite nice room for $350 for a month
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

n2ojones wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:56 amand we will be forced to bite the bullet at $300 nightly for a non view room at the Marriott.
Unfortunately it's a combination of it being high season and also the fact that you are booking only 2 days in advance, which means you are going to take a double whammy and get severely clipped. If you plan well ahead for your holiday next year, I'm sure you will get a much better rate.

Enjoy your stay.
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......