Hotel for 'slightly disabled with walking stick'

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Malzy
Rookie
Rookie

Hotel for 'slightly disabled with walking stick'

Post by Malzy »

Hi all

Slightly disabled with walking stick explains my problem with mobility. I was wondering if other travellers with mobility problems have favourite hotels in Hua Hin, because the hotels are set up for people who find steps a problem. I walk with a walking stick but find steps a problem if there is no handrail, most of Thailand seems to be like this.

Wheel chairs can slip up those steep ramps, that hotels have out front for the bellhops to push up the trolleys full of luggage, but too steep for me to climb unless they have a handrail. I dont use a wheelchair as I am still able to walk with a walking stick.

The problem is usually the entrance to the lobby, as they all seem to have steps up from the footpath and no handrail.
Any info on hotels anywhere in Hua Hin would be grateful.

Not a Hilton person say about Bht 1000 +/- a night.

CheersMalzy
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Hotel for 'slightly disabled with walking stick'

Post by Nereus »

I have the same problem. The following is not a problem as there are no stairs. It is close to many restaurants and a night market. I find the big steps from the footpath to a road crossing a bigger problem, combined with the complete jerks that park their cars right across the part of the footpath that ramps down to the road!

http://huahinforum.com.r24.asia/632209/ ... el/cur=THB
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Malzy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Malzy »

Thanks Nereus for reply.

Looks a good spot to stay, thanks. and I know what you mean by high footsteps on roads, I am always scanning ahead to find the easiest way.

Cheers Malzy
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I think the high curbs were to cope with the amount of water Hua Hin gets in the rainy season. All the obstacles on the pavements usually force people with mobility problems onto the road. This seems worse in the centre of town, so you might try eating in Soi 80, 88, 94 which as far as I can see doesn't have the same problem.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

That hotel is in Sa Song Rd opposite the old bus station. There are dozens of restaurants and food stalls in Soi 72 along with the night market, plus many more in Sa Song. In Soi 72 the police are usually there and stop the traffic so you can cross the road.

The step that I have a problem with is on the corner of Soi 74 and Sa Song. It has ramps down to the road, but TIT they are not inline with the marked crossing, plus that is also a favorite parking space for Mr, ****hole that blocks the ramp.
TunnelRats
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TunnelRats »

Not only Hotels but a lot of shops, restaurants, 7-Eleven and - not to forget main entrance to Market Village - have never heard of hand rails. And when you find a "walkable" ramp down from any pavement it is blocked by uncontrolled parked motorbikes. Sometimes I'm in the mood to knock them over... but that doesn't help
"This login session $13,99 but for you $12,78"
Malzy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Malzy »

Thanks all for reply's

Yeah, high steps are a big problem in Thailand, I've spent some time in Bkk and Pattaya over the years, my walking got more fragile in the last few years as I've aged, now over 67yrs and things are a bit wobbly, thus the cane.

Nereus :... the hotel seems just right I thank you for recommendation with surrounding shops etc, how far is Soi 80 from
there? sounds like a trip there is a must. :cheers:

Cheers Malzy
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

n all fairness its only in the last 20y that western countries hae been concerned about making facilities for the disabled, before that it was not easy. So on this issue Thai is only about 20y behind. Tell the General he will be so proud--only 20y behind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Malzy, I can't say how long it would take you with your restriction, but I'd say the walk to Soi 80 would be under 5 minutes for me. At Songkran, the walk from the top of Soi 80 to your hotel under constant super soaker attack and with severe traffic blockages was easily completed in under 5 minutes..
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Malzy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Malzy »

Hi Big Boy
Good info thanks, I watched some of your Songkran videos, lot more sedate than some of the Sonkrans I've been through
in Pattaya. I don't go there any more at that time.

Cheers Malzy
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:51 pm Malzy, I can't say how long it would take you with your restriction, but I'd say the walk to Soi 80 would be under 5 minutes for me. At Songkran, the walk from the top of Soi 80 to your hotel under constant super soaker attack and with severe traffic blockages was easily completed in under 5 minutes..
Hmm, glad I don't have to walk wid you Big Boy! It can take that long just to cross the road, plus it is slightly uphill!
The small Songthaews run along there if the walk is too much. 8)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Mrs BB was with us at Songkran (must have been one of her better days), but she managed it in the same sort of time.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Malzy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Malzy »

Thanks for reply's
just a quick one as I would be coming on the ferry from Pattaya, how far to the hotel from wharf. Best way with a small luggage bag not backpack ?

Cheers Malzy
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Malzy wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:57 pm Thanks for reply's
just a quick one as I would be coming on the ferry from Pattaya, how far to the hotel from wharf. Best way with a small luggage bag not backpack ?

Cheers Malzy
A long way. The ferry lands the other side of Wat Khao Takiap, a few km's south of Hua Hin. However, I am sure there must be songthaews to meet it?
Talk is cheap
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

the green songthaws leaves from Kao takiab and you can get off outside the hotel,but im not sure if it pick up where the ferry lands, other can tell you ,Im sure

I think its 10 baht

:cheers: :cheers: