Hua Hin accommodation advice needed!

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
adywhu
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin accommodation advice needed!

Post by adywhu »

Firstly hi to you all on here, I have been lucky enough to visit Thailand 6 time's in the last 5 years for work, mainly staying in BKK and a couple of time Pattaya (good base for Rayong and Laem Chabang where I have suppliers!!).

Anyway this year have persuaded the Wife and Kids to come to Hua Hin as it is a lot cheaper than a european hol, so I need some info/advice:

1) We have to come in August due to my Daughters Gymnastic clubs strict holiday dates! Whilst I know it is wet season, I have heard Hua Hin is not as bad as other parts, is this true?

2) On Agoda they have some good deals on places a little bit away from the centre, more cha am than Hua Hin, now as we are a family of 5, there are limited hotels with rooms that suit 5, so I am looking at a place called Mida de Sea, a friend has said that we should be looking as close to the centre (hilton/radison/marriot part), now I dont mind cabs but would they be avaliable easily this far out or would you suggest I look closer as my Friend suggests?

Apologies for the rambling post, thanks in advance.

Adrian
Big Boy

Re: Hi Advice needed!

Post by Big Boy »

Mida de Sea is a little way out, and unless they have a shuttle, you will incur significant taxi expenses. Hua Hin has plenty of accomadation in a similar price range, and I'm sure you could find something more central. You can check out our accomodation listings/reviews here http://huahinforum.com.r24.asia/huahin/

I visited some friends at a beach front hotel next to the Mida de Sea a couple of months ago, and I wasn't impressed with the state of the beach there either.

I would definitely look closer. I'm sure somebody else will help with advice on high occupancy rooms near the centre.

As for the weather, yes, it is wet season, which usually means rain from 4pm until 6pm here on a bad day.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Have you thought about renting a house ? More room, more facilities and probably cheaper than a hotel.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Have you checked Airbnb?

Would also agree with Big Boy and look closer in to HH than Cha Am.
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

It all depends on what you want to do in Hua Hin. The centre of Hua Hin is absolutely dead in the day time and the beach thee is by far the worst in the area. The centre of Hua Hin at Night is very noisy with lots of girls shouting at you. It's worth visiting once but that is probably enough for most families. Food & drink is generally much cheaper out of the centre and the quality is generally better. If you are looking for a beach holiday choose somewhere like Khao Takiab which has a long beautiful beach and there is a very cheap local bus running into town and to the night market passing the main shopping malls on the way. If you don't have your own transport be very careful where you stay. I see many tourists walking a few kilometers every day to get to the beach or to go for a meal. Not enjoyable for children. You can hire bicycles but the roads in Hua Hin are not very safe for cycling.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HarryVardon wrote:The centre of Hua Hin is absolutely dead in the day time and the beach thee is by far the worst in the area.
This is arguable. Certainly when I was up near the Mida De Sea earlier in the year, the beach there made Hua Hin Beach look like paradise.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Hua Hin accommodation advice needed!

Post by crazy88 »

I agree with Pagey

Lived in Hua Hin over 10 years and had many friends visit. If they want to go on the lash and chase girls I put them in the town centre. If a family holiday then I put them in private pool villas with 4 times daily shuttle bus to various parts of town. Much cheaper than 2-3 hotel rooms.

Crazy 88
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

If you want a nice hotel in town where you can walk to most places the following has a 2 room suite suitable for 2 adults and 3 kids. Nice pool, not noisy and family owned and operated. Price depends on which season it is.

http://huahinforum.com.r24.asia/632209/ ... el/cur=THB
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
adywhu
Novice
Novice

Post by adywhu »

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, looks like I will look closer to Hua Hin, maybe rent a house, don't mind buses and wont be out too late (not with the wife and kids anyway!!). Plenty of time to sort it out so keep any recommendations coming!!

Thanks Again.