Residence Palada Area

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Residence Palada Area

Post by RCer »

Good Day,

I will be staying at Residence Palada 13 - 19 April. Unfortunately my gf will be heading back to Phetchabun on the 15th because of work.

I will be staying to set up long term housing for us.

In order to find the right place I plan to get an apartment to live in after the 19th.

My question is; is the Residence Palada area (500 m distance due to no vehicle as yet) a good area to live for a couple months until she can return? Concerns are noise and cost, etc.

I will be renting a motorbike, but not until the 17th at the earliest which doesn't allow much time for apartment shopping outside the 500m area.

Any input is appreciated.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Residence Palada Area

Post by NOKYAI »

If you get transport, then better value will be found a 10 minute motorcycle ride in any direction. Do a search there have been a million threads on this. A lot of people like the top of soi 88. That might be a good place to start looking, it's low season so lots of choice. There is also the new condo behind Big C on the Pala u Rd which I believe I'd very reasonable.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Thanks. Since I'm clueless about HH geography, doing the search didn't help much.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Start with the map listed above ( http://www.maphuahin.com/ ) and this Accommodation forum that you posted on viewforum.php?f=2 and start reading threads top to bottom. Things will begin to fall into place for you until someone comes along with more specific info and recommendations based upon their experience.

Be sure to check out: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20707 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20705 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20704 http://www.propertyhuahin.net/ Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Thanks.

Let me clarify my question.

Is it a good idea to rent an apartment within 500m of Residence Palada?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I ignored your question because I had never heard of Palada (or at least it didn't register). I've now looked at the map, and can say I've stayed within yards of Palada 3 times - each time for a month.

Whether it is a good idea is down to personal choice, and what you are looking for whilst here.

Personally, we stayed in Soi 63, and thought the location was perfect. 1 minute walk to the bar/restaurant areas (5 minutes for Soi 80, which wasn't a bar area back then). 3 minutes walk to the beach. 2 minute walk to the Shopping Mall, and a 7 minute walk to the furthest Night Market. We had very little need for Tuk Tuks/Taxis when living there.

We used to walk down the little lane beside Burger King to Soi 63 (less than 50 yards) and it was very quiet - more like living in the suburbs.

We loved staying in that area, and would have preferred staying there every time, but availability was not always there.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

BB

Thank you very much, that is the kind of information I'm looking for.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, if you had said the Soi number, it would have meant a lot more - no problem, we got there :thumb:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Looks like I won't be needing the apartment.

We have rented a nice house on soi 102. Its in a gated community. We're skipping the hotel too.