Hotel with pool

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
henryv
Novice
Novice

Hotel with pool

Post by henryv »

First time to Hua Hin coming up. Can anyone recommend a girl friendly hotel with a decent pool near the action.

Thank you.
buksida

Re: Hotel with pool

Post by buksida »

A whole bunch of them here with reviews and discount online booking: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20705
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
henryv
Novice
Novice

Post by henryv »

I am sure there are, but I was looking forward to some feedback on actual experiences.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

henryv wrote:I am sure there are, but I was looking forward to some feedback on actual experiences.
What sort of price are you looking to pay - The Hilton meets your criteria but it's 4000+ a night?
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Henry v,why not advise the members of pertinent info,such as,how old are you,are you travelling alone,how much are you looking to spend.I would recommend the Fresh Inn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but it all depends upon your requirements,which you do not specify,and i am sure other members would assist you if they knew more details.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Oh and by the way,the fresh inn does not have a decent pool,but its in the middle of the action,as you so put it!!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Thistle wrote:Henry v,why not advise the members of pertinent info,such as,how old are you,are you travelling alone,how much are you looking to spend.I would recommend the Fresh Inn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but it all depends upon your requirements,which you do not specify,and i am sure other members would assist you if they knew more details.
I think the fact he's asked for a girl friendly hotel with a decent pool near the action, is all that's needed!
Talk is cheap
henryv
Novice
Novice

Post by henryv »

Thistle: 1200 to 1300 bht. Totally out of curiosity, what does age have to do with it? I like to exercise regularly so I like a pool I can do laps in, not a bathtub type pool. Also, as I am not a sunbather, some shade. I will be traveling with my son, but he will be making his own arrangements.

Thanks in advance.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Subhamitri or Jed Phee Nong. Both have small pools - are very central - and should be within budget - esapecially if you pay for a week in advance.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Hi Henry,mentioned the age factor as i am of retirement age,and therefore enjoy my sleep.Some of the hotels "near the action area" as you put it,can be extremely noisy late at night,and would therefore not be my choice.Hope you find what you looking for,and enjoy your time here.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Thistle wrote:Hi Henry,mentioned the age factor as i am of retirement age,and therefore enjoy my sleep.Some of the hotels "near the action area" as you put it,can be extremely noisy late at night,and would therefore not be my choice.Hope you find what you looking for,and enjoy your time here.
The Subhamitri hotel mentioned by Margaret should fit the bill, it's just a few minutes away from the bar areas and restaurants, has a pool, is fairly quiet and I'm certain, girl friendly - all for less than 1200 a night.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Thistle wrote:.
The Subhamitri hotel mentioned by Margaret should fit the bill, it's just a few minutes away from the bar areas and restaurants, has a pool, is fairly quiet and I'm certain, girl friendly - all for less than 1200 a night.
The mosquito infested dump is well past its use by date! The following is just around the corner, is nearly new and has a pool. In fact, the pool can be seen from the other dump.
The Kodak photo shop is part of it and during the day can be used as a short cut to walk through. The manager speaks good English and is very obliging.
Reservations can be made on this forum.

http://huahinforum.com.r24.asia/632209/ ... el/cur=THB
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:The Subhamitri hotel mentioned by Margaret should fit the bill, it's just a few minutes away from the bar areas and restaurants, has a pool, is fairly quiet and I'm certain, girl friendly - all for less than 1200 a night.
We used to use it regularly until we had problems when we wanted our daughter and 4 y.o. granddaughter to visit in our room during the day.

I refused to pay the requested surcharge, and we moved out a couple of hours later.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:The Subhamitri hotel mentioned by Margaret should fit the bill, it's just a few minutes away from the bar areas and restaurants, has a pool, is fairly quiet and I'm certain, girl friendly - all for less than 1200 a night.
We used to use it regularly until we had problems when we wanted our daughter and 4 y.o. granddaughter to visit in our room during the day.

I refused to pay the requested surcharge, and we moved out a couple of hours later.
I'm glad to see that the posts from Margaret and me have generated more positive responses - ESP from Nereus.

BTW, BB, my comment about it being GF only related to nighttime :wink:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Back in my mongering days, day or night didn't really matter. They were friendly or they were not.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18