Looking for Fairly Swish Hotel near Condo Chain

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Looking for Fairly Swish Hotel near Condo Chain

Post by richard »

Hi

Anybody stayed or visited The Sea-Cret Hua Hin and can give me some info about the place please?

My daughters and friends are over in Mid Jan and are basically in bag packer mode until the final few days. They want a fairly swish place fairly close to their aging papa in Condo Chain and have selected a few and favour the Sea Crets. Only big question is how far and how accessible is it to the beach. They are lazy souls like their mother (not like me at all) and like to roll out of the sack and hit the beach with a minimum of effort
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: The Sea-Cret Hua Hin

Post by Ginjaninja »

Richard,
the Sea Cret resort is right on the beach and has it's own private walk-way on to the sea. That section of beach is not great though as there is a stagnant stretch of water sitting right where the resort walkway meets the beach. Well it did when I visited a few years back. The resort itself looks ok externally but never seen the rooms.
My parents have stayed in the Lapa hotel at the other side of Petchkasem and they really like it but of course your daughters will have the nightmare road crossing to contend with.
What about Smile lodge up 94? Great area to stay and not that far to walk to C.C.
Cheers,
GN.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Thanks GN

They are also looking at G's, Marrakesh, Da Varee (sp) and The serenity (?)
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Anybody know about the 'Rock resort' near Khao Takiap?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

I stayed in The Rock before I started renting at Mykonos... so years back now. The rooms are really nice, worth a look. I recall the staff being very friendly and they have a nice decking area with pool and bar at the back right on the beach. They lost a lot of character there lately though as the two empty plots at either size of the Rock have been cleared and the atmosphere feels a bit bleak now.
Bit of a hike from The Rock to Condo Chain though.
GN.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Cheers mate
Bit of a hike from The Rock to Condo Chain though
They're young, fit and like walking :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

richard wrote:They're young, fit and like walking :laugh:
Do they need a young, fit, excellent English speaking tour guide????
:naughty:
GN.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

They're coming in January G.N...gives ya about 2-3 weeks to perfect an 'English' accent...555!

:duck: :cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Ginjaninja wrote:
richard wrote:They're young, fit and like walking :laugh:
Do they need a young, fit, excellent English speaking tour guide????
:naughty:
GN.
They're bringing their partners. Ones a CID man and a fitness fanatic and the other used to train with ManU. Both of them will probably run to the CC and back in a couple of minutes :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Richard,i believe the Rock resort in Khao Takiab has just been recently completely re-furbished,and was in fact closed for several months during the low season,so might be an interesting choice.Alternatively,although perhaps not so lavish,how about Veranda Lodge,located right on the beach,the rooms are comfortable,and the food is good.Plus relatively close to you.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Thanks guys for all your replies

I've got one of my daughters frantically working hard. Yes working hard at work but is spending all her time on Skype to me, Google earth and numerous sources regarding accomo in HH. I'm knackered replying and keeping track. Roll on March.

Hardly 'swish' when rooms &b/b are on offer at 40 to 50 quid a night
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Thistle wrote:Richard,i believe the Rock resort in Khao Takiab has just been recently completely re-furbished,and was in fact closed for several months during the low season,so might be an interesting choice.Alternatively,although perhaps not so lavish,how about Veranda Lodge,located right on the beach,the rooms are comfortable,and the food is good.Plus relatively close to you.
I've never seen the rooms but this place is really nice. Excellent restaurant and one of the best stretches of beach in Hua Hin. Also excellent location as it's almost right opposite M.V.
GN.