Rocco Condo location

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
marc26
Novice
Novice

Rocco Condo location

Post by marc26 »

Hi guys
New Member here, married to a TG for 5 years, she born in Petchaburi.
We have always stayed at Hilton and that area but we wanted to stay someplace more "local" so that we could check out possible areas to move to in the future

So we booked the Rocco Condo in April
I see it is near Soi 94?
How far of a walk from Rocco Condo is Soi94? My wife being a TG, walking is not her favorite activity!

Thanks

PS-Any good expat bars on soi94?
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Rocco Condo location

Post by Ginjaninja »

Rocco is at the opposite side of Petchkasem road from soi 94. Actually Mykonos is directly opposite and Rocco is 2or3 condos South.
Rocco condo

Yeah soi 94 is pretty good for restaurant and some beers. I miss staying in that area.
Will take you less than 5 minutes to walk to soi 94 from Rocco, just make sure you use the traffic lights opposite Bangkok hospital and be aware that cars don't necessarily stop on the red light.
You would need to walk up the soi and cross the railway line to get to the group of bars there.
:cheers:
GN.
marc26
Novice
Novice

Post by marc26 »

Yeah soi 94 is pretty good for restaurant and some beers. I miss staying in that area.
Will take you less than 5 minutes to walk to soi 94 from Rocco, just make sure you use the traffic lights opposite Bangkok hospital and be aware that cars don't necessarily stop on the red light.
You would need to walk up the soi and cross the railway line to get to the group of bars there.
:cheers:
GN.[/quote]

Thanks GN
As long as there are restaurants within a 10min walk to stuff food down their throats, the TG and mom will be happy!!

Your info a real help
buksida

Post by buksida »

There is a map of everything available in soi 94 here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25858
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
marc26
Novice
Novice

Post by marc26 »

[quote="buksida"]There is a map of everything available in soi 94 here: /quote]

thanks, i already did check that out

now i am excited, when i booked the condo, it got good reviews but the google map is old and looked like not much around, but seems a great location
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There a restaurants along the main road as well, and don't forget Terrace 90 up Soi 90 - well worth the slight diversion.

GN, 2 bars have recently opened East of the railway track now as well.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

That crossing is dangerous, when a pedestrian presses the button, there is a red light for about a minute, but the pedestrian is over in a few secs, at this point all traffic starts up even if the light is on red. Also tuk this don't stop at all sometimes. Guess they figure its right by the ER so who cares.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

marc26 wrote:Hi guys
We have always stayed at Hilton and that area but we wanted to stay someplace more "local" so that we could check out possible areas to move to in the future

I see it is near Soi 94?
How far of a walk from Rocco Condo is Soi94? My wife being a TG, walking is not her favorite activity!

Thanks

I have no vested interests, here, but if you move out from Hilton like we did for reasons of overcrowding with Western European travel tours, lifts whic stop on every floor to let people off and on all hours of the day, general noice level etc, why not try Dusit Thani? It is a heaven of harmony, peace and stablility, Thai ambiance and service at its original best, I could go on and on.

As for exploring the area looking fore a future place to live you need a car anyway.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
marc26
Novice
Novice

Post by marc26 »

Frank La Rue wrote:
marc26 wrote:Hi guys

I see it is near Soi 94?

Thanks

I have no vested interests, here, but if you move out from Hilton like we did for reasons of overcrowding with Western European travel tours, lifts whic stop on every floor to let people off and on all hours of the day, general noice level etc, why not try Dusit Thani? It is a heaven of harmony, peace and stablility, Thai ambiance and service at its original best, I could go on and on.

As for exploring the area looking fore a future place to live you need a car anyway.
Too bad you don't have a vested interest in Dusit Thani, you'd be rich! 555

Thanks for the recommendation, we already booked that Rocco Condo and I am happy to be staying near soi94