Suan son Pradiphat accommodation and public transport

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

Suan son Pradiphat accommodation and public transport

Post by joyvee »

I am staying at the hotel in late November and want to use public transport to get there if possible. I will come down in mini van from Victory monument.

Think there is a bus travelling south from clock tower, anyone know times and does it stop at entrance to this army recreation base or drive in?

Any reports on range of accommodation there.? We last stayed in basic bungalow on beach front about 8 years ago. . Any report on hotel?

many thanks for your help. JoyV
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Suan son Pradiphat accommodation and public transport

Post by STEVE G »

Think there is a bus travelling south from clock tower, anyone know times and does it stop at entrance to this army recreation base or drive in?
Yes, there's a bus stop there, I don't know times but I think they're pretty regular and a train station as well, it's also not that far, about 10 km if you want to get a taxi.
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by joyvee »

The train station is not a regular stop, is called a Halt not a station. A special tourist train leaves BKK early in morning on Saturday and Sundays and public holidays. It goes back in late afternoon.
These times are not suitable for my stay.
Looks like bus or taxi. What should a taxi cost for 10 kms? thanks for your help. JoyV
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

What should a taxi cost for 10 kms?
About 200 bt if they're not bandits.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Get the orange bus from in town it goes past (Suanson) every 20 minutes and cost is ~ 20 - 30 Bht (June 2013). The entrance to Suanson has a small Chinese temple in the middle of the road and a an older style petrol station that is rather obvious. And yes it can stop anywhere you ask but usually at the Sala structures beside the road. You can even hail it with a wave. You will need to walk several hundred meters down the road past the driving range , over the rail line and turn right at the T. You can't miss the Army motel and it is much nicer than the grotty bungalows.
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by joyvee »

Thanks for your detailed info on orange bus, charlesh, Looks like things have changed in last 8 years since I was there and the local resataurant was a tin roof over a concrete floor and one needed a lot of DEET to overcome mossies!
Any idea when the jelly fish season will be? JoyV
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Have you seen our Facebook report?
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1

The hotels look lovely.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by joyvee »

Thanks for the link. Loved the photos and it brought back some happy memories of our stay there 8 years ago. Still do not know how I found it and managed to talk my way into a cottage as I remember that management were really worried that we chose not to stay in the hotel which was obviously more suited to foreigners. JoyV