Looking for affordable accommodation (room or apt)

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Re: Looking for affordable accommodation (room or apt)

Post by Farang »

RoyVer wrote:Goldcoastgirl,

If possible, please create your own thread, don't use mine. It is considered rude to "hi-jack" someone else's thread when using an online forum.
I quite agree; the nerve of some people!1!! Hi-jacking threads owned by someone else!!!1!
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

100 to 200 a day, 3,000 to 6,000 a month. Surely the OP is not expecting an air-conditioned pool villa and is aware he is going to live more Thai style. This can be done easily. Rent a bike and drive around. I have done this in several places in Thailand and always found something. Empty house, but no for-rent-sign with telephone number? Ask the neighbours. Our last place in Hua Hin, maybe 10 minutes walk from the Hilton was THB 4,000 a month. Big kitchen, separate bedroom. Do not expect air-conditioning or furniture. Our last place in Krabi (beautiful spacious house in very nice location) THB 3,500 per month.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

Roel is correct, plent of decent rentals are available on the cheap, but they will not be furnished or have aircons. Sometimes the owner will consent to having an AC installed as long as you agree to either leave the Ac when you move out, or repair any holes from the install.

These places can get very hot as there is no cross ventilation, so an AC is necessary IMO. Cheap to cool, as the size is minimal. Second hand furnishings can be bought for cheap.

These places can be good for someone who travels in and out of the country for work and want to have a cheap home base, with no yard to care for. Best to install a high quality padlock on the door, and don't leave any high valuables inside.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

advocate wrote:Roel is correct, plent of decent rentals are available on the cheap, but they will not be furnished or have aircons.
When I was apartment hunting 2 years ago there were plenty of places between 3k - 6k a month (100-200 a day, unless you're pedantic), that were both furnished and had air con. I usually ask new foreigner neighbors about rent at their prior places and it's been under 6k for the studio apartments except for places at beach or with pools.

Roel wrote:100 to 200 a day, 3,000 to 6,000 a month. Surely the OP is not expecting an air-conditioned pool villa and is aware he is going to live more Thai style.
I've been inside a few one room places rented by Thais. They remind me of illegal units in the US carved out of a porch or garage, built by somebody who sort of knew what he was doing and rented to those who rarely say no to the conditions because this is all they can afford. The HH apartments in the 3k-6k range are more like US college student housing.
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

I agree you can get furnished and AC for 4k-6k. But I wouldn't expect it for 3k or less. I have seen some decent places for 3k though. Small, but newer and clean, single story townhouses. I bedroom, 1 bath, front sitting room, and a simple kitchen at the back. But no furniture or AC.

Location matters. The further from the town center the cheaper it tends to be.
shumak
Novice
Novice

Post by shumak »

Two places that I know: 1 Baan Taveekit Apartment. 5000-6000 p/m (if more than 2month - discount) - very good location (Soi 21) and absolutely new building [Mod Edit] Sorry, T&Cs do not permit such links/contact details (very poor English)
2. Don't remember name. 150 m from the sea. Khao Takiab (10 Soi) . Absolutely new building too. 5500/month. Young generation speak English. [Mod Edit] Sorry, T&Cs do not permit such links/contact details

Both places look very cozy and tidy - nothing like thai style.
Good luck