Donkeys rest hotel

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
luckyalf
Rookie
Rookie

Donkeys rest hotel

Post by luckyalf »

Hi all,
Has anyone stayed at, or can give any info on Donkeys rest hotel on Soi 94.I have contacted them and they have given what seems to be a very good rate for January next year.Also it it too far to walk from there into town, or to stagger back later?All info greatly appreciated.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Donkeys rest hotel

Post by Super Joe »

luckyalf wrote:Hi all,
Has anyone stayed at, or can give any info on Donkeys rest hotel on Soi 94.I have contacted them and they have given what seems to be a very good rate for January next year.Also it it too far to walk from there into town, or to stagger back later?All info greatly appreciated.
Haven't stayed there Alf, but popped up to one of the rooms a couple of years back. They were large rooms, fitted out with everything you need, a/c, tv, fridge, even dining table and chairs. Clean rooms, but basic, no-frills style, but definately good value for the price range when you bear in mind the pool, fitness room, bar/restaurant etc. Like all hotel website pics, I think you can add a couple of years of normal wear and tear, to get a current view.

Owners seem nice people, who are there and available and genuinely seemed to care my mate was happy and had what he needed. When I drive past they are often there in the bar with punters, perfect for people knew here to ask stuff and have a natter with other guests.

Location is great, half-way down Soi 94 right next to Khun Oy restaurant and several others, plus a couple of small Thai-style bars who are very welcoming, have the football etc. BUT....it is right next to the train track, so once every 2-3 hours you'll get a bit of noise, especially at night when they sound off at the crossings. It's 2kms from the centre of town, so walkable if you walk a lot, but loads of taxi ranks on that junction though.

Definately walk to the beach, 500m away maybe, an empty stretch with no chairs, no food places or anything. You can also walk to the Market Village shopping mall which is about 700-800m away. Oh, and there's an excellent American/Mexican restaurant a few minutes walk away called Terrace 90, inexpensive, excellent food. The new Bangkok Hospital is 2 minutes away, as is a good little family-run breakfast/bakery shop.

Be luckyalf,

SJ
luckyalf
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Donkeys rest hotel

Post by luckyalf »

Thanks Joe,a very comprehensive report,I think that you have persuaded me to book for next January.I like the sound of the local bars,as I usually go out for a few whilst the other half applies her war paint.u