Luxury Hotels in Hua Hin

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Re: Luxury Hotels in Hua Hin

Post by Siani »

I think the Sofitel is still on offer with them too. This is favourite at the moment. Other people in the forum said it is really nice. As you say this Evason could be a bit far out. I would like something in walking distance.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Siani wrote:I just had an email from Travelbag today. They have special offers this week. Unbelievable prices.
I've just been looking around the site that you gave us, and booking from there is quite expensive. The exact same flight that I am using in October is £150 per head dearer than what my agent is offering today (which is already a lot more than I paid a month ago).

I'm assuming that you have to sign up to their e-mail service, and take or leave the deals they offer you, and only on advertised dates. Are the offers loss leaders with limited availability, are is there generally plentiful availability?

[Edit] Added the bit about advertised dates.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I am not sure really. I have used them before and they were quite cheap. This was when I went to Australia. I think also it is based on 2 people sharing, not singles. The email came today it just said 8 nights 5 star bed and breakfast including return flights

Pool Villa Accommodation

prices from only
£679
including flights

Price based on two people sharing

For travel: 01-May-2010-30-Jun-2010

I did not think this was too bad. I must say I have not followed it through, they may well put the price up for different dates. This offer might be a hot deal last min offer. I will look into it.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

We have used the Anantara hotel 7 times between 2001-2004 to take care of overspill, when lots of friends and relatives have visited all at once.

They aren't cheap, we used their suites which were around 10k- 14k depending on season, so may be more now.

I expect you could get a room for around 4k now.

A bit far out of town if you don't have transport but a good place to relax.

http://huahin.anantara.com
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
gilped
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gilped »

Nobody has yet mentioned the Intercontinental I don't think. It is a lovely place although not cheap either and on a par with Sofitel price wise. Rest Detail is a nice hotel but depends what you want. I have a lifestyle company based in Singapore and have surveyed or stayed in a few of the hotels. My recommendation would definitely be Sofitel if you want to walk around and have luxury or Intercon is well worthy of consideration and clients of mine who stayed there thought it was great! Rooms are superb and so is the view in most cases.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I checked the Sofitel on the online agent I use for hotels in Bangkok and the rooms started at 80.25 GBP per night for a double room.

The Hilton was 85.79 GBP, Marriot 119.13 GBP, Hyatt (Takiab) 72.94 GBP, and the Intercontinental at 113.06 GBP.

I guess that makes the Hyatt a really good deal if one doesn't mind staying in Takiab, the Sofitel the best deal (which was a surprise) in down town Hua Hin.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
arliejacobs
Banned
Banned

Post by arliejacobs »

I have just gone through those links and they are very much effective, there were no rated of the room written in the Hyatt so I was not able to get more info on that.
somerset
Rookie
Rookie

Post by somerset »

what about the asara suites hotel? website looks really nice, but that doesn't have to mean anything...
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Have a look att Travelsupermarket.com very good..... Anantara Resort & Spa Hua Hin just B & B per night £76. There were a load more cheaper from £50 for 4 star including breakfast. Also if you are looking for a package deal including flight for14 days at Anantara Resort & Spa Hua Hin, Hilton etc B & B from approx £970 including flight, but on this site there are a lot cheaper. Siani
madjbs
Novice
Novice

Post by madjbs »

Lets Sea is a nice boutique resort. Much smaller than the big name hotels but it has a nice feel to it, perfect for a romantic weekend away etc..
madjbs
Novice
Novice

Post by madjbs »

Also, check out Let's Seas promotions and packages, they have some pretty decent deals for what you get. Their customer service is top notch.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

At long last we finally got to Hua Hin. We stayed at the Sofitel for 14 nights. The hotel is lovely with beautiful grounds, no doubt,quite stunning. The new refurbished elephant Bar was opened last week, very nice, it has music with a Jazz trio. We were inclined to prefer the beach bar much less formal, it was good to have drinks after swimming during Happy Hour period. We went out to the town most nights as the bars and restuarants were less formal and a lot cheaper. The hotel breakfast was outstanding, they thought of everything, very good.
On the downside, the hotel had things that you would not be expected to pay for in a 5 star hotel. They charge 450 baht per day for internet in the room! This should be included in my mind. In the room there are 2 large bottles of water either side of the bed which you assume are free. There are also another 2 in the bathroom. Anyway, we managed to drink the 2 bottles by the bedside each day. It was only when we paid the bill that we were informed that the water was not free, it cost 250 baht per bottle, so that meant we were drinking 500 baht water per day for 14 days!!! :shock: So to anyone going there, be aware of it.
We had a great time in HH and hope to move there soon when we find a suitable house. Really difficult at the moment with the high Baht. Anyway HH is a lovely place, really had a lovely time. So now on the property hunt![/color] :)[/color]
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

About the water, yes, many hotels do that. They put the expensive mineral stuff in places people would normally look for water and the free bottles in the frig or an out of the way place. Ever notice that they try to match the free bottle type with the mineral bottle type as closely as possible so people confuse them. :cuss:

Another pet peeve is that they give you 2 sometimes 4 bottles of free water per day and also a hot water machine for tea and coffee just hoping you'll call the front desk and ask for more, so they can charge you for it. :cuss:

So, each hotel stay starts with a stop at 7-11 for a dozen bottles of water, or I simply take it off the maid's cart when she's in another room cleaning. :naughty: :D It's as you say unfortunate that expensive 4-5 star places do cheap things like this and many inexpensive guesthouses give you all the water you want for free. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Yes I agree they are sneaky. The price is far too high. The reception staff said " water very expensive in Thailand" well....not £5 a bottle surely! My husband wishes he had had the beer from mini bar instead! Good idea to get water from 7-11 will take that tip, thanks. I do not have the bottle (excuse the pun) to get it from the maids trolley! Anyway, thanks for the tip.
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

prcscct wrote:
I simply take it off the maid's cart when she's in another room cleaning.
Then let me inform you that in the hotel business in Thailand it is customary that any item that goes missing is paid for by deducting it from the responsible staff member's salary. Room maids have to pay for missing mini-bar stock, hairdryers, towels etc.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.