Luxury Hotels in Hua Hin

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
PeteC

Luxury Hotels in Hua Hin

Post by PeteC »

We probably should have this separate listing as some people looking for places like this. I'll start with the Dusit and Hyatt. We already have a thread on the Sofitel. Please add more. Pete :cheers:

http://www.dusit.com/hotels/thailand/hu ... index.html

http://huahin.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: Luxury Hotels in Hua Hin

Post by PeteC »

Here's the link for the Sofitel just so we have it on this thread. Pete :cheers:

http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-0891-so ... ndex.shtml
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

All of the luxury hotels in Hua Hin can be viewed and booked online through our system:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin- ... okings.php
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Would you really put the Hilton in the same league as the others HHF? Perhaps a 4✯ rather than 5 IMO. Pete :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Its all down to personal interpretation isn't it? A few years ago I was given a look around the Marriot, which on the whole looked nice, but the accommodation blocks themselves reminded me of certain Council estates back in the UK - so that was a no-no! Whereas wandering into the Hilton for the first time in a few years, back in January, felt really good (had a meal in the Chinese place at the top).
Talk is cheap
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Excellent idea, thanks!
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

With all due respect caller it is not down to personal interpretation and whilst the parameters are not 100% clear most guides follow them. If you cannot order a plate of foie gras and a bottle of Dom at 4 am then you are not in a 5* establishment.

Crazy 88
mars
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mars »

But "This Is Thailand" sticky rice & a bottle of Singha will do 5* any day
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Would you really put the Hilton in the same league as the others HHF? Perhaps a 4✯ rather than 5 IMO. Pete
I would Pete, for a couple of reasons.... their central location is perfect for walking around town if you are a tourist (Sofitel also) whereas if you stay at the Dusit, Marriot, or Hyatt, you are looking at a tuk tuk ride anytime you want to leave the hotel or the hotel beach. Also, I like the pool there better than most and the other facilities like the gym, squash and tennis courts, pool (billiards or snooker?) tables, ping-pong, etc., and I've eaten at several of their restaurants and found them all good. The Chinese restaurant on the top with the outside seating also has the best view in Hua Hin imo.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Recently had visitors over that stayed at the Rest Detail, a new boutique hotel in Hua Hin. I'm not one for these snooty places with all of their +++ on the price of things but this place did impress. The rooms are huge, well appointed and replenished with flowers, fruit and sweets daily, it has a great infinity pool and the staff actually go out of their way to make you feel welcome (I wasn't even staying there!). They had a happy hour in the late afternoon where having a beer didn't break the bank!

As you'd expect the walk-in rate is frightening but some good packages that include flights, transfers and breakfast at the hotel can be found in Europe. Website is here: http://www.restdetailhotel.com
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Interesting looking place but the web site doesn't render well for me. Jumpy and sub-sites for reservations/details are dead. I'm on a Mac. Same for PC? Go get 'em Buks, not a very appealing site IMO. Pete :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I looked at the prices and felt faint!
Talk is cheap
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I just had an email from Travelbag today. They have special offers this week. Unbelievable prices. I always say "Why stay in the Travelodge when you can find a 5 star hotel for the same money?" ( I know that you probably do not have Travelodge in Thailand) When I stayed there once I came out feeling so depressed..it was an emergency when my car broke down. I think it is good to get B & B in a 5 star and go out for 75% of the meals. Sample the sticky rice & a bottle of Singha etc then go back to your large airy room...it will cost the same! Once you have the flight separately...it will cost you about £400, you only have a £100 a week left to spend on accommodation. Do not think you would get much for that. The package deal looks to be a bargain.

http://www.travelbag.co.uk/

8nts Thai Beach
3* fr £509
Includes flights & 8nts Holiday Inn Regent Beach Cha Am

4* fr £529
Includes flights & 8nts Courtyard Hua Hin at Cha Am Beach

5* fr £579
Includes flights & 8nts Evason Resort Hua Hin – studio room (B&B)

Escape to the 5* Evason Hua Hin Resort and Spa…
Just a few hours' drive from Bangkok, Hua Hin is one of Thailand's most popular beach resorts. And the Evason is one of its most popular hotels. Set in 20 acres of tropical gardens and with a stunning beach-side setting, the Evason is the perfect tropical escape. Each of the 185 stylishly understated rooms is a haven of peace and tranquillity, and the choice of restaurants superb. For some real indulgence you can spend time in the sumptuous spa and enjoy a relaxing treatment.
Extra 3* nights from £21
Extra 4* nights from £22
Extra 5* nights from £26
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

As far as I know the only Evason is actualy in Pranburi... If you want quiet that's ok but it's a very different scene than Hua Hin and at least a half hour away by taxi.