Cha Am Traffic Lights

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Cha Am Traffic Lights

Post by Nereus »

Anybody know what the circus is all about with the traffic lights at the main intersection in Cha Am? Absolute turmoil there this afternoon, and as I finally managed to get through it the MIB were about 100 m south of the lights erecting more barricades! I think that they have been out for several weeks, maybe waiting until some poor sod gets killed before they fix them. :cuss:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Cha Am traffic lights

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Light is more like it as there is only one.

The lights work fine, what you're seeing is preparation for another holiday onslaught of cars going and coming from the beach. There are three holidays in the next couple of weeks, this weekend being the first.

They block off all of the u-turn lanes in town and sometimes even make the beach road one-way for awhile to lessen the congestion.

I thought I had a great idea a couple of weeks ago trying to get down to the driving range and took the road out to the cement plant where you can backtrack past the hospital and catch the beach road by heading toward Puk Tien beach.....but by the time we went all the way around they'd removed the road blocks and there was hardly any traffic..........go figure.
Alanthebuilder
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Alanthebuilder »

Them lights are allways on the BLINK