Top three nearby restaurants north of Cha-am

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
jdc
Rookie
Rookie

Top three nearby restaurants north of Cha-am

Post by jdc »

Living north of Cha am....a few kms north of the Makro store. Just off Cana rd. We have a scooter but have been advised to keep it local. So far, local is exciting enough. Any suggestions for good restaurants in the area just north of the Palm Hills golf course? If we go further afield (to Hau Hin we will) how does one get a taxi and which is the best good cheap local restaurant in Hua Hin?
Thanks.
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Re: Top three nearby restaurants north of Cha-am

Post by Phyton »

Is there a north - south misunderstood?

North of Cha-Am is Tha Yang and Petchaburi. South of Cha-Am is Hua Hin. Cha-Am begin in south as a part of runway from Airport Hua Hin.
Greets,
Phyton
jdc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jdc »

I don't think so....maybe...we are north of the airport. We are north of the Makro grocery store. Hua Hin is south of us. Nearest address I know is soi 6 where it meets Cana. That is south of us.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

jdc wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:21 pm I don't think so....maybe...we are north of the airport. We are north of the Makro grocery store. Hua Hin is south of us. Nearest address I know is soi 6 where it meets Cana. That is south of us.
I would say you live in the northern part of Hua Hin. Much south of what people normally call Cha Am. I would recommend playing around a little with Google maps. If you find Hua Hin Soi 61 and the Tourist Police, you have found the "center" of Hua Hin. If you find Narathip Road in Cha Am and Cha Am beach, you have found the "center" of Cha Am.
jdc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jdc »

Yeah, that sounds about right. But, regardless of precisely where I am, are there any recommended restaurants around there? And please how, exactly, is one to 'call' a tuk tuk? Find one first and get his number?
jdc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jdc »

We are at the 'new village' about one km west of the Sheraton Hua Hin resort. Give or take a curved street or two.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

jdc wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 pmAnd please how, exactly, is one to 'call' a tuk tuk? Find one first and get his number?
Yes, something like that. Or get a number from a friend or neighbour. I sent you a PM (private message) with one number to try.
jdc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jdc »

Thanks, Ralfredo.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

The Cha Am restaurants I am familiar with are all in the "downtown" area. If those are not too far for you I will be happy to list
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
jdc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jdc »

Nothing is too far by tuk tuk but I was hoping to stay within scooter range. Last night went to Thaiitalia and the food was good, service good, portions a bit stingy. I'd give it 3 out of 4. Hit up Happy-something the other day with Anna and the green curry was great! But neither place was a must-see. But still good. Still looking for that local 'gem' that will become our regular.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

There are 2 great places around soi 6. A little difficult to explain direction but these may help:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... vince.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

In addition to Krua Kru Meuk, mentioned above, two of our favourites in that area are Krua Khun Kai and Krua Huai Sai. Krua Khun Kai is quieter and caters more to a Western clientele, Krua Huai Sai is more Thai-oriented and often quite busy, especially on weekends. Google Maps info for both below.

Krua Khun Kai
Cha-am, Cha-am District, Phetchaburi 76120
081 329 2841

https://goo.gl/maps/c5WThz81C1T2

Khrua Huai Sai
Cha-am, Cha-am District, Phetchaburi 76120
088 860 3898

https://goo.gl/maps/dvhsJuo2gaq
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: Top three nearby restaurants just north of Palm Hills

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Update - went to Khrua Huai Sai last night and I feel I should amend my comments to say it can get extremely busy on weekends. It seems to be very popular with the Bangkok 'weekend tourists.' The trick is to get there early. We arrived just before 6, the place was still relatively quiet and after we ordered, the dishes started arriving within ten minutes. By the time we left (around 8 pm) the place was almost full and there was a steady stream of cars/motorbikes arriving. Looking at the reviews on Google Maps, the most common complaint was that when it's busy, it can take up to an hour to get served.

The food though, is really good and they have some unusual dishes that you find almost nowhere else.

On the way back, we passed Khrua Khun Kai and although it was busier than on a weekday, it still didn't look by any means overcrowded.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Phyton wrote:Is there a north - south misunderstood?

North of Cha-Am is Tha Yang and Petchaburi. South of Cha-Am is Hua Hin. Cha-Am begin in south as a part of runway from Airport Hua Hin.
I think some confusion arises because many of the hotels & resorts North of the Province border, even way up close the Cha-Am town, are called XYZ Hua Hin e.g. Sheraton and Dusit Thani resorts. I've even seen Santori Park referred to as being in Hua Hin.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

jdc wrote: We have a scooter but have been advised to keep it local.
Why?