Kaeng Krachan NP - Accommodation

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Kaeng Krachan NP - Accommodation

Post by Pagey »

Anyone any recommendations for accommodation near the park ? Looked on Booking.com /Agoda and only one place is close. All the others seem to be 20+km away. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
buksida

Re: Kaeng Krachan NP - Accommodation

Post by buksida »

Since nobody has answered I'll have a go.

There are hundreds of places near KK dam, they are all aimed at Thai weekenders though and can only be found on farcebook, this is why your search came up short. I would advise going during the week when most are empty and you can take your pick (the place is a circus at the weekends). We stayed round the north end of the lake and camped out, it was a fishing trip so we didn't want a fancy resort though they did have bungalows there.

Trip report here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34026
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Thanks Buksi. I did search and read your fishing trip again and I remember one post, maybe yours, where you said it was packed at weekends but you had it to yourself during the week. However, some of the other travellers in our party can't go during the week.

I've never been so I don't know the layout, is the dam the place to go then ? I was looking at places near the entrance to the park. :cheers:

Man in pub circa 1987.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The dam is where all the resorts, shops and retaurants are, and along the river leading away from it, the entrance to the park isn't far away around the lake. The national park itself covers a vast area.

At weekends you'll need to book ahead so you'll need a Thai farcebook user to search for your accommodation, it seems these places don't bother with websites any more.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

OK, thanks. I will bear that in mind for next time and try to go midweek.

Man in pub circa 1987.