Bus from cham am to hua hin

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
aussiegal
Novice
Novice

Bus from cham am to hua hin

Post by aussiegal »

Im coming to Hua Hin for a couple of months and will be staying at the Blue Lagoon which I am to understand is sort of between cham am and hua hin. I am just wondering if there is a bus that runs (and stops) along the main road to get to either.

Secondly where is the best supermarket for doing a weekly shop for essentials?

Well that is all pretty lame. I am sure that the party party questions will come once I am there :D
Thanks in advance
lomuamart

Re: Bus from cham am to hua hin

Post by lomuamart »

Not exactly sure where your resort is but there are songthaews that reach as far as the airport and orange buses that go as far as Petchaburi. The latter will certainly get you to and from HH.
You can flag down either on their route.
They generally operate every 20 mins from dawn to duskish.
Don't know about shopping.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As far as shopping goes Blue Lagoon is not that far from Makro (4-5 Km's) and then a further 2 Km's to the new Villa Market at the Index store - both heading towards Hua Hin. As Lomu said, the Orange buses pass that way or you may be able to flag down one of the BKK to HH mini buses.
seveneleven
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seveneleven »

There are 2 Blue Lagoon.
One is a guesthouse in Cha Am central on Soi Plaza. Easy walking distance to main road and beach road.
The other is north of Cha Am and a resort. A bit distant from everything and need car,motorbike or bicycle to get to town or main road.
To answer the question though there are frequent bus and minibus 30 baht between Cha Am and Hua Hin.
Go to the pickup point (or flag one down anywhere) on the main road and every 10 minutes a minibus will arrive but it is time restricted, you won't find a ride back after 8 pm at night.
seveneleven
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seveneleven »

I apologize there are actually 4 Blue Lagoon named properties and 2 of them are somewhat between Cha Am and Hua Hin, so you will have to specify which property you have booked to clarify your options of travel between towns.
The main option is as above, go to the main road, wait to see a minibus or the red bus and wave them in palm down fingers pulling in to the bus and they will stop and pick you up. 20 to 30 baht depending on your location.