San Chao Por Khao Yai

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
Big Boy

San Chao Por Khao Yai

Post by Big Boy »

If you drive North from Cha-Am, about a mile after the railway flyover, there is a turning/u-turn on the right for Jalaprathan Cement Co. Ltd. The San Chao Por Khao Yai shrine is on your left before you enter the cement work’s gates. I was surprised that I’ve driven past this shrine many time, but had never noticed it before. The shrine is overrun with monkeys, so if you’re not a monkey fan, make sure you have a stick with you to ward them off.
Jalaprathan Cement Co. Ltd. signpost
Jalaprathan Cement Co. Ltd. signpost
DSC03301b.JPG (138.71 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
As I walked towards the shrine, which is just off the main highway, the first thing which struck me was the constant honking of car horns as they drove past.
The bridge over the stream on the way to the shrine.
The bridge over the stream on the way to the shrine.
DSC03290b.JPG (155.49 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
I’d seen photos of the shrine, and I thought I was going to be able to climb to the top. I was quite disappointed to find 2 out of 3 staircases blocked off, and the third staircase didn’t actually go anywhere.
The shrine
The shrine
DSC03295b.JPG (138.25 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
All around the bottom of the shrine were animal figures, which was something I’d noticed when I visited Brahma Shrine a few weeks earlier.
Animal figures
Animal figures
DSC03293b.JPG (149.89 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
Animal figures
Animal figures
DSC03296b.JPG (157.92 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
Animal figures
Animal figures
DSC03300b.JPG (155.09 KiB) Viewed 6696 times
Conclusion – I’m glad I’ve found this shrine, but it was rather disappointing as an attraction. Biggest disappointment was not being able to climb to the top.

More photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18