Getting back to the sheraton

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
fat mick

Getting back to the sheraton

Post by fat mick »

Hi late at night 12.00/1.00am what would the cost be for a taxi any one know it would be most nights if we found the right man :roll: Not the Mr rip off man :banghead:
fat mick

Re: Getting back to the sheraton

Post by fat mick »

Well 130 views and no one knows a decent price :banghead: Thanks
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

fat mick wrote:Well 130 views and no one knows a decent price :banghead: Thanks
Ive stayed at the Sheraton before but never done a late night return by taxi, but would hazard a guess in the 500 baht range.
fat mick

Post by fat mick »

Hi thanks for that little bit of info Dannie that sounds a little steep but you may be right :cheers:
Pedro C
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pedro C »

I really hate to say so - but you may wish to consider a hotel closer to town next time!

:cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

130 views and none of them have ever taken a taxi to the Sheraton after midnight. Amazing. What an unhelpful bunch.
This is the way
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Might be helpful if you specified a starting point.
Happiness can't buy money
fat mick

Post by fat mick »

Well if its a start point you need how about 100ys down from the Hilton ie, in the squre its the place i would try find a taxi ,If we say Starbucks we are ony 20bht difference are we not :shock:
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Go out enjoy yourself and get ripped off by the taxi mafia..........You are on holiday :banghead:
no more dePreston
Pedro C
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pedro C »

poosmate wrote:Go out enjoy yourself and get ripped off by the taxi mafia..........You are on holiday :banghead:
Amen to that!
:guns:
Life is short. Especially for those of us who have most of our future behind us.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

fat mick wrote:Well if its a start point you need how about 100ys down from the Hilton ie, in the squre its the place i would try find a taxi ,If we say Starbucks we are ony 20bht difference are we not :shock:
Fare will depend on starting point and end point. So you are correct, a starting point is what is needed to give you any info. You don't specify that, so how is some one supposed to know. The fare would be different from Takiab for instance. That's why I mentioned it.
Short answer: it will cost 200+.
Happiness can't buy money
fat mick

Post by fat mick »

Pedro C wrote:
I really hate to say so - but you may wish to consider a hotel closer to town next time!

:cheers:
Well maybe you dont understand the finer things in life :lach:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Dare I say if you can afford the finer things of life you shouldn't be worried about minor inconveniences like taxi fares :guns:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
fat mick

Post by fat mick »

Was not really worried if it was 6/700 bht but did a little poking around and found this quot and it was not from the Hua Hin helpfull forum We did go with the shuttle on 1 occasion into town but didnt take it back because there is nothing worse than having to wait around when its only 200 THB to get a taxi back anyway. I would have thought the Sheraton would have offered the shuttle transfer Free of charge or at least allow tuk tuk's or meter taxi to come into the resort so the guests do have other options rather than pay 500 THB for a taxi that they arrange.

all in all i did love my stay, and would definitely reccommend this to people
Ps Money aint the problem its all about service and quality :neener:
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

fat mick wrote:Was not really worried if it was 6/700 bht but did a little poking around and found this quot and it was not from the Hua Hin helpfull forum We did go with the shuttle on 1 occasion into town but didnt take it back because there is nothing worse than having to wait around when its only 200 THB to get a taxi back anyway. I would have thought the Sheraton would have offered the shuttle transfer Free of charge or at least allow tuk tuk's or meter taxi to come into the resort so the guests do have other options rather than pay 500 THB for a taxi that they arrange.

all in all i did love my stay, and would definitely reccommend this to people
Ps Money aint the problem its all about service and quality :neener:

I agree with everyone else, why would you not state a starting point from the beggining. BKK airport to Sheraton? 1500 baht for a Taxi :P :P

Over by the Hilton where all the Tuk Tuk's are waiting for some action... I used to go bar hopping in Cha Am, Soi Bus Stop and one way from the Hilton was 300 baht and that's an extra 15 minutes past the Sheraton. I would say Hilton to Sheraton should be 150 to 200 depending on your ability to play the "walk away game" as they give you the old "wait wait, ok I can do for that price" It's a buyers market over there, not a sellers market, your in the drivers seat.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936