Study Abroad

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
xtina
Novice
Novice

Study Abroad

Post by xtina »

Hi everyone-
I'm considering an 8 wk study abroad session through Webster University, and the university and housing (Resort Hotel VIP Condo Chain) are located in Cha-am. Does anyone have any experience with Webster or has anyone heard anything about the conditions at the uni/the housing/etc?
Also, any insight on what life might be like for a student in Cha-am would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hi there xtina

I'm a Grasuate from Stamfrod Ibnternational University which was the First International University to Open theri in Hua Hin And Cha Am Area. I know Webster pretty Good as during my study time we had a lot of Activities together and some of us Stmaford Studentts (Members of the Student Government Association (SGA) had visisted their Cmapus a couple of times.
The Condition of the Univ. is Good and facilites are also up to date. With COmputers and epuipment on the newest technological stand.
Their Library was impressive! It has an a Comuter run automated system that tracks books if they are in or out of The linrary. All the Books that they have are up to date and perfectly Categorized. and the only woman who works therie is the Libraryrian who sorts Books in their designated places.
During my Study years we had Stamford Students too who lived there @ VIP Condo too, If you kive in a buget room where you have a small living Area plus Bed.and a TV system with a connection to the local CAble TV which offers a variety of foreign Channels to choose from.
some other Rooms which are better equiped than others. In pne other roo,m you have a living room and with one to two seperated Bed rooms. if you have a real nice room mate than they can share the cost for Utiltiies and so on what comes up. there @ VIP Condo.
Cha am is really a small fishing toen with an beautiful Beach. Fom VIP Condo to CHa Am takes about 25 to 30 Min. by Car, If you have good friends who have a motorbike or car that you can ride along with. But I expect that you and your friends will be more in Hua Hin than in Cha Am.
cuase it's much nearer to VIP Condo's just ten to 15 Min. from Down twon Hua Hin.

Your's The understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”