UK foreign secretary coming on two-day visit

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
buksida

UK foreign secretary coming on two-day visit

Post by buksida »

British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson will meet Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o- cha and Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai in Bangkok on Monday to discuss UK-Thai relations.

The talks between the two countries will include further cooperation to end illegal wildlife trade, strengthen trade and investment relations, the Rohingya crisis in Myanmar and Thailand’s return to democracy as well as a range of other regional affairs.

“Our relationship with Thailand spans a broad range of issues from bilateral trade and investment to regional security and the illegal wildlife trade. I look forward to further strengthening the UK’s relationship with Thailand in the future,” Johnson said in a statement released by the British Embassy in Bangkok on Friday. The visit to Bangkok on February 11 -12 is Johnson’s last day of an Asia tour, after visiting Myanmar and Bangladesh.

Meanwhile, Angelino Alfano, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Italy, on Friday met with Don during his visit to Thailand. Both sides discussed issues such as economic and political cooperation as well as the promotion of people-to-people contact through culture and tourism.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30338497
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Re: UK foreign secretary coming on two-day visit

Post by J.J.B. »

buksida wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:13 am ...as well as the promotion of people-to-people contact through culture and tourism.
I did have a peurile giggle at this. I wonder whether they will go to Bintabaht or Soi 80 first?
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Maybe someone can ask Boris which hotel room they will be running the UK consular affairs from in the near future.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: UK foreign secretary coming on two-day visit

Post by hhinner »

J.J.B. wrote:
buksida wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:13 am ...as well as the promotion of people-to-people contact through culture and tourism.
I did have a peurile giggle at this. I wonder whether they will go to Bintabaht or Soi 80 first?
Shouldn't they go to Nana and pose in front of Suckers? Or is that reserved for the BiB?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

The superstar of the brexit government......555
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Spitfire wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:57 pm Maybe someone can ask Boris which hotel room they will be running the UK consular affairs from in the near future.
You sound more like europtimist every day. OK, I admit I knock the embassy too. :)
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

I wonder if extradition treaties/MOU's will be on the agenda?
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Could be faster service if its a short-time hotel room
buksida

Post by buksida »

BORIS JOHNSON MEETS PRAYUTH, DON, DISCUSSES ROHINGYA, ELECTIONS
British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson and his Thai counterpart discussed neighboring Myanmar’s persecution of ethnic Rohingya Muslims and plans for elections to end military rule in the country.

Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai told reporters Monday that the British government is especially concerned about the plight of the Rohingya. About 700,000 have fled to Bangladesh to escape violence by Myanmar security forces that has been characterized by some human rights experts as ethnic cleansing.

Johnson also met junta leader Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha.

The British foreign secretary is in Thailand after visiting Bangladesh, where he met Rohingya refugees, and Myanmar, where he held talks on the Rohingya situation with the country’s leader, Aung San Suu Kyi.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/ ... elections/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

He discussed how the end of military rule could be achieved in Myanmar, elections be held and democracy restored.
He discussed this with the leaders of the Thai junta!!!!!!!.
Its BORIS IN WONDERLAND.