Ten arrested in colour-coded crackdown on foreigners in Bangkok

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
buksida

Ten arrested in colour-coded crackdown on foreigners in Bangkok

Post by buksida »

Ten foreigners were arrested during searches in 45 areas of Bangkok in what police have called their "Black Eagles" operation late Wednesday night.

The operation was led by Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal, deputy commissioner of the Tourist Police Bureau, with officers from the tourist police, Narcotics Suppression Bureau, Immigration Bureau and Patrol and Special Operations Division.

At the end of the operation, Surachet held a press conference at 1am on Thursday at the Nana Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 4 in Klong Toey district to announce the results.

The operation netted a Nigerian and Ghanaian man for having entered the country unlawfully, Surachet said.

Two Indians, two Nigerians and two Ugandan tourists were arrested for overstaying their tourist visas, he added. A Kenyan man was arrested for working without a permit and a Ugandan man was arrested in possession of drugs.

Surachet added that 32 foreigners had been detained pending DNA tests.He said the "Black Eagles' operation had been carried out in areas frequented by foreigners to prevent crime and create confidence among foreign tourists.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30337679

Thought: Great to see state resources being poured into pounding on those evil visa over-stayers and work permit violators when people are getting murdered, raped, blown up in the south, killed on the roads, and robbed elsewhere in the country. Go Black Eagles!!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Ten arrested in colour-coded crackdown on foreigners in Bangkok

Post by migrant »

Indians, Nigerians, Ugandan, Ghanaian. Black Eagles. All very politically correct!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Pretty piss-poor results for searches in 45 places in Bangkok. Should have been able to snag at least a few hundred scumbags just raiding Sukhumvit soi 4 to 13.....blimey.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

the black eagles are certainly aptly named and obviously work well in the dark.