Thailand Plans Joint Arms Factory With China

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Thailand Plans Joint Arms Factory With China

Post by hhfarang »

"BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand's defense technology agency plans to set up a joint center with China to produce and maintain military equipment in the latest sign of the strengthening security relationship since a 2014 coup.

The plans to establish the facility - and discussions on a Chinese naval center to serve submarines Thailand ordered this year - point to a growing Chinese security presence in the oldest U.S. ally in the region as elsewhere in Southeast Asia.

The Thai government's Defence Technology Institute (DTI) will set up Thailand's first commercial joint defense facility with China in the northeastern province of Khon Kaen in July, a defense ministry spokesman said.

It will be responsible for assembly, production and maintenance of Chinese land weapon systems for the Thai army. ..."

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... with-china
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Thailand Plans Joint Arms Factory With China

Post by handdrummer »

That's great, the world needs more armaments. I seem to recall that it was part of the deal with buying Chinese subs. I've heard that Kenya is planning an attack on Thailand so it's a good thing that there will be a stronger defence system in place.