Smoking ban on Hua Hin and Thai beaches, jail time for offenders

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Peroni
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Smoking ban on Hua Hin and Thai beaches, jail time for offenders

Post by Peroni » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:02 pm

I agree with VS

John :cheers:

usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Just changing the subject slightly...a few years ago now I'm sure a ban on smoking was imposed in bars & r/rants here in HH, & that when the bar staff put their tables outside the bars in Bintabaat (in the street)..they did not leave ashtrays on these tables...if a customer sat down, ordered a drink, THEN asked for an ashtray all was OK, but to leave them on an unoccupied table was seen as encouraging smokers, & made you liable. :banghead:
(It does however seem this ruling HAS slipped by the wayside, with smokers lighting up both inside & out nowadays)

usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:28 pm

I also remember in the late 90's that HH municipality had a tractor & beach cleaning/sand-sifting machine that would comb HH beach every morning prior to deck-chair owners setting their chairs out ...Now the beaches are only cleaned by invisible 'Ghost machines' each Wednesday..(or the teams of Westerners who hand-pick trash washed-up after being thrown overboard from the Thai trawlers...
...Maybe a total ban on any plastic bags being taken onboard these fishing boats would also greatly help the Thai coastal marine enviroment..?)