Prayuth: absolute power means 'I can do whatever'.

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Prayuth: absolute power means 'I can do whatever'.

Post by HHTel »

Asked if he should be responsible for the billions of baht it may cost the state to settle with an Australian mining concern he shut down by fiat last year – while his elected predecessor was held criminally and financially liable for the losses of a graft-tainted subsidy program – Prayuth said he had no such responsibility.

“Talking in terms of using the Article 44 in this country, I don’t have to be held accountable at all. I can do whatever,” Prayuth said Tuesday. “If talking in terms of arbitration law or international law, then we will have to fight the case…But when I use the Article 44, I don’t have to fear anything, because it protects me.”
Arrogance at it's finest.

Source:http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/ ... yuth-says/
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Prayuth: absolute power means 'I can do whatever'.

Post by handdrummer »

I wonder if the little-dick tater has seen the Charlie Chaplin film, The Great Dictator?
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

To have used those words suggests megalomania to me (not to mention supreme arrogance). Also, won't be long before his criminal mate Suthep is appointed to a position of power too rather than being in prison (or the sewer) which is where he belongs.

If I was the El Generalissimo then I'd be looking for a way to 'get off the tiger's back' before he gets bitten and walk off into the sunset. However, power corrupts and is addictive...most can't let go. (Off topic I know) Also nice to see him meeting the real person in charge of Burma yesterday too.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:28 pm I wonder if the little-dick tater has seen the Charlie Chaplin film, The Great Dictator?
He didn't want people watching that!:

Thailand’s Junta Got Charlie Chaplin’s ‘The Great Dictator’ Blocked From YouTube

YouTube caved to requests from Thailand's military-backed government to block a Thai-subtitled clip from the renowned political satire.
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/06/great- ... 201848050/
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

STEVE G wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:24 pm
handdrummer wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:28 pm I wonder if the little-dick tater has seen the Charlie Chaplin film, The Great Dictator?
He didn't want people watching that!:

Thailand’s Junta Got Charlie Chaplin’s ‘The Great Dictator’ Blocked From YouTube

YouTube caved to requests from Thailand's military-backed government to block a Thai-subtitled clip from the renowned political satire.
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/06/great- ... 201848050/
I'm sure we're all better off not seeing the clip, let alone the whole film. :banghead: I'm surprised that Mockingjay is shown here.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely". The second part of Lord Acton's quote you can google and judge for yourself.

Seriously, let's remember how this person came to power and what is propping him up; this attitude can hardly be a surprise to anyone. He is answerable to nobody and a democracy is not only predicated by free and fair elections but a free press and independent judiciary.

That few in the international community are too bothered by this governing body's proclamations and treatment of its citizens shows just how irrelevant the country has become.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Actions like this, the upside down libel laws and the absurd misuse of Lèse-majesté all go to show how insecure this government and others like it feel.
This is the way