Thai ex-PM fails to show for verdict

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Thai ex-PM fails to show for verdict

Post by handdrummer »

I wonder how high up the escape plans go?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Its a win win win--She has gone, cant come back, is not in jail here acting to fire up her supporters. Its not what anyone did, but what they didnt do---stop her leaving.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

And probably gets to keep the money.. :duck:
วินเชนท์
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Talking to some Thai ladies today. Thai people are not very open about their feelings about Thai politics with farangs. They all regard her as a heroic figure and are glad that she is "safe"
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

VincentD wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:29 pm And probably gets to keep the money.. :duck:
The govt. gets to keep the money, ie. the 30 million baht bond that she forfeited. Better than spending time in a Thai prison, or any prison.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

oakdale160 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 pm Talking to some Thai ladies today. Thai people are not very open about their feelings about Thai politics with farangs. They all regard her as a heroic figure and are glad that she is "safe"
I can imagine the sort of areas that "all" these ladies were from...
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Ms Badluck gets some news.

Yingluck trial: Thai ex-PM sentenced to five years in jail

Former Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has been found guilty of negligence and sentenced in absentia to five years in prison.
The supreme court found her guilty of mishandling a rice scheme which led to at least $8bn (£6bn) in losses.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41410047
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I don't think there was ever any doubt....Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

There has been talk for quite a while of the possibility of working up an actual corruption case against her. Hardly surprising she didn't wait for the end of 'part 1'.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

"in absentia." "There's no business like show business." 5 yrs., 25 yrs., it's irrelevant.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

oakdale160 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:32 pm Talking to some Thai ladies today. Thai people are not very open about their feelings about Thai politics with farangs. They all regard her as a heroic figure and are glad that she is "safe"
It just goes to show how divided Thai society is because I know a few Thai ladies, and 4 of them I know really well. Of those, two are 100% pro Thaksin, the other two are the exact opposite and believe the two Taksins should be locked up or never be allowed to return. Of these two ladies, one despises the currently leadership just as much as she despises the Taksin family. As is to be expected, the two pro Thaksin women are from Isaan, while the two anti Thaksin women are from Hua Hin and from Hat Yai.

:cheers: :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Mainly Isaan that supports the Thaksin's, people from the south will never support them as Thaksin said he would not provide any development aid to the south as they did not vote for him.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Takiap wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:52 am
It just goes to show how divided Thai society is because I know a few Thai ladies, and 4 of them I know really well. Of those, two are 100% pro Thaksin, the other two are the exact opposite and believe the two Taksins should be locked up or never be allowed to return. Of these two ladies, one despises the currently leadership just as much as she despises the Taksin family. As is to be expected, the two pro Thaksin women are from Isaan, while the two anti Thaksin women are from Hua Hin and from Hat Yai.

Even Isaan people are divided. My wife is anti Thaksin and Yingluck but her mother and village people are pro.
I am also anti, but the only positive thing Thaksin did, he gave to northern people and all those farmers their dignity, now they know that they have not to bow to this oligarchy.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

europtimiste wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:21 pm
Takiap wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:52 am

Even Isaan people are divided. My wife is anti Thaksin and Yingluck but her mother and village people are pro.
I am also anti, but the only positive thing Thaksin did, he gave to northern people and all those farmers their dignity, now they know that they have not to bow to this oligarchy.
I agree with that, but bunging money at them every year is not the same as helping agricultural reform. When will that come and how, farmers can't change anything by themselves.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Former Thai leader seeking asylum in UK, says party source"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/1b45b052-e ... eking.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?