Australian father, son, electrocuted in Thailand

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

https://thewest.com.au/news/world/austr ... b88569431z

An Australian father and his son have been killed in Thailand after he was electrocuted while fixing a pool pump - and his son ran to help.

Andrew Fenwick, 66, was using a wrench on Monday to work on a pump next to his pool at his house in Rayong, Thailand.
Local media reports the British-born Australian was electrocuted by a water leak that had been running along electrical cables.

His son, Jason, 10, also died when he stepped in a puddle while running to his father’s aid.
His second son, Justin, 4, saw the tragedy and ran crying into the street for help.

Somrudi Krailob Fenwick, 41, arrived home to be warned by neighbours of the death of her husband and son.
Rescue workers had to cut the power to the property before the bodies could be recovered.

"This is terrible," she told local media. "I’m heartbroken. My husband and son gone at the same time.
"Andrew was so confident with tools, he was an engineer. I don’t know how this has happened."

Police Captain Kaweewuth Boonruang confirmed the two dead were Australian citizens.

"The son saw the incident and ran to help not knowing there was a leak and he was electrocuted," he said. "He had burns from the fire on his hands, his body and his face."
......................................................................................................
I am surprised that this type of thing does not happen more often. RIP
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Australian father, son, electrocuted in Thailand

Post by RCer »

Very sad to see things like this.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Australian father, son, electrocuted in Thailand

Post by 404cameljockey »

So sad. Sounds like pure bad luck. I'm happy to do pool cleaning, pump/sand filter cleaning, chlorinator element cleaning (with acid) but never think about the water leaking out onto the floor. I've got an electrical extension lead in the pump room too, sitting quite near the floor. Wake up call. :(