Rabies detected in Hua Hin

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Big Boy

Rabies detected in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

I may be over dramatising this, but my translation of my translator says a rabid dog was killed in Hua Hin yesterday after biting 10 people (apologies now if I'm wrong). It doesn't say how many other animals it bit. Please be careful guys, and make sure your pets are vaccinated.

https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/590423
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Rabies in Hua Hin

Post by RCer »

Here's how it looks on my translator. Good post BB.

Municipal Hua Hin carpet vaccination against rabies. The villagers were bitten by 10 dogs and the wreck was found to be mad. Promote the source of the crazy dog ​​to go. Give dogs - cats to vaccinate free ... อ่านต่อที่ : https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/590423
Big Boy

Re: Rabies in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

Free vaccine? That's a good offer - shame it's fire fighting instead of prevention though.

Points 41; Position 18
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Rabies detected in Hua Hin

Post by sateeb »

Local officials rushed to cordon off the infected area after ten people were bitten.

A black dog was taken in and after its brain was examined vets confirmed it had rabies.

Now everyone has been urged to get their dogs and cats vaccinated as health officials scurry to protect the public.

Busaba Choksuchart of the local council said that the authorities became concerned after ten people were bitten in the same area.

The area is in the Samor Rian community of Soi Phrae Phan behind Wat Hua Hin and in the market area of Chomsin Road.

Earlier a stray male black dog had been taken in for examination. When it died its brain was cut open to reveal the deadly disease had killed it.

Worried officials rushed to the concerned area with pictures of the dead dog and discovered it had been roaming all over the area.

Most of the people bitten had already been vaccinated. But one old woman who had been scratched on the face was immediately taken to Hua Hin hospital.

Busaba urged dog and cat owners to have their pets vaccinated for free, reported Daily News.

Source: Daily News
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Hua Hin declared temporary rabies outbreak zone

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30323291

"Hua Hin beach has been declared a rabies outbreak area following attacks by a stray dog with rabies.

Phittaya Kanama, chief livestock officer of Hua Hin district in Prachuap Khiri Khan, announced on Tuesday that Tambon Hua Hin from Kraikungwol Palace to the Khao Phithak community will be monitored for a month due to rabies concerns. The centre of the zone is considered a three kilometre radius from the Poolsuk community.".....
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I see that this has raised its ugly head again, with 15 infected animals being identified already in the Pranburi area.

https://news.sanook.com/5583606/

Amazingly, the report states there is a shortage of cages required to hold suspected dogs, so they are appealing for cages to be donated. If you can help, or require more information, you can contact Veterinarian Saroj Chanlod Head of Animal Health. Prachuap Khiri Khan Livestock Office Phone Number 081-3782320

Points 41; Position 18
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

How about someone with some knowledge of speaking Thai,phone the TAT,and inform them you are going to phone the Bangkok Post along with some International press,stating,not enough cages in Prachuap Khiri Khan,,,,,,,especialy Hua Hin to control a new possible rabies outbreak,lets see what happens!!! Imagine the new headline "Rabies on the Thai Riviera"
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Some more details about the current outbreak:

"The Prachuap Khiri Khan provincial administration has declared the entire district of Pran Buri and a tambon in Hua Hin as rabies control zones. Saroj Chanlard, animal health division chief of Prachuap Khiri Khan’s Livestocks Office, said the measure was taken after 15 sampled dogs in Prachin Buri’s three areas tested positive for rabies.

Hua Hin's Tambon Thap Tai, which is next to Pran Buri, is also under the rabies control measure.
Saroj said his office has rounded up 68 street dogs in Pran Buri for monitoring for rabies. If they test negative, they will be sent to an animal shelter in Lop Buri, he added."
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I assume Prachin Buri is a typo.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think this says that the city are arranging free rabies vaccination for cats and dogs between 18th & 27th March. Hopefully one of the clever Thai readers can confirm, with more detail.
rabies.jpg
Thoughts....... If I've read it correctly (using a translation tool), isn't the problem now? Why wait 10 days to start?

Thai text that accompanied the above notice:

ใครมีสุนัขหรือแมว นำไปฉีดวัคซีนป้องกันโรคพิษสุนัขบ้า ได้ ฟรี จากเทศบาลเมืองหัวหิน ตามหน่วยชุมชนต่างๆที่ประกาศไว้ ระหว่างวันที่ 18-27 มี.ค.นี้ครับ

Points 41; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

3 of the 15 tested dogs were caught near Tesco, but not sure which Tesco the news reader was referring to.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I assume it was the big Tesco in Pranburi.

Points 41; Position 18
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Big Boy wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:39 pm I assume Prachin Buri is a typo.
Yeah, I thought that looked odd when I read it but it was that way in two separate articles that I read. I just copied and pasted from the source.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

According to a report on the news a 61 year old has died in Hin Lek Fai district of HH due to suspected rabies from a bite from a cat.

https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1229172
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Pagey wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:31 am According to a report on the news a 61 year old has died in Hin Lek Fai district of HH due to suspected rabies from a bite from a cat.

https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1229172
Not according to the Google translation of the linked Thai Rath article. It says a 61 year-old was bitten by a cat and has received anti-rabies post-exposure treatment. The translation indicates that the cat died of suspected rabies but the man is still alive.

Bing translate and Thai2Englishcom also read the same way.