Australian man dies in parasailing accident in Thailand

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Re: Australian man dies in parasailing accident in Thailand

Post by Name Taken »

Thistle wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:36 pm Wow,its now funny that someone dies.
Condolences to his family,either here in Thailand or Australia.
I actually can not believe that someone posted that another human being dying was funny,no matter what the circumstances might have been!!
I did not respond to your PM and I also deleted it.
But I will say that I don't care how long you have lived in Thailand. Do you understand? You are more than likely just another self absorbed arrogant rich old white man that lives in Hua Hin and thinks that you own the entire province and I am almost 110% certain that you are a member of that 'other' Thailand internet forum.
You also seem to have a severe reading comprehension problem, in my post I stated that the Australian man's death was Horrible and Embarassing. The Australian man's death was a TRAGEDY!

And another thing, I am not scared of your threats I have received many many threats from both Thai's and Foreigners throughout the almost 11 years that I have been here in Thailand and yet I am still alive.

Did you get a case of ROID RAGE Thistle? Alright, chill and back away from the keyboard.

Do not send me another private message, and GOOD DAY!
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Wonderful,post my PM,,,,,,,,,,,,,i offered you a coffee or a beer to chat.Where in the world the the threat come from???
you have lived longer in Thailand than me!!!
Back to Topic.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Thistle wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:21 pm Wonderful,post my PM,,,,,,,,,,,,,i offered you a coffee or a beer to chat.Where in the world the the threat come from???
Back to Topic.
Sorry, I can not post your PM because as I said in my previous reply to your post I deleted it.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

PM's should not be discussed on open forum as I understand it. That's why it's a Private Message.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Getting back to topic, I wouldn't even think of doing anything so dangerous as para-sailing on a beach in Phuket or Pattaya, mainly because the operators are cowboy locals that are leeching off the tourists and have no training or license or sense......not to mention responsibility. Rent a jet-ski and see what the priorities are... :guns:

Looking at the picture of the operators that they arrested then I wouldn't take a matchstick off them, let alone a paid joy ride of such nature as an extreme sport. Simply no safety anywhere here, use/do it all at your own risk. It was said he was on an "adventure" holiday...he had no idea how cynically true that really was the case. Same with so much once you look under the veneer of it all and few are held to account once the shallow media cycle moves on.

Yeee-haaa!

RIP dude.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Thistle wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:21 pm Wonderful,post my PM,,,,,,,,,,,,,i offered you a coffee or a beer to chat.Where in the world the the threat come from???
Back to Topic.
I will post part of what you said in your PM, you said "You wouldn't say that to my face". Is that not a threat?
And to answer your question I absolutely would say that to your face over a coffee or beer, but if you want to meet in person then I want 750 million baht deposited in my Kasikorn Bank account from you, MONEY FIRST Okay? Sound Good?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

What part of Private Messages are strictly private and between yourselves do you not understand?
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

All further bickering in this thread will be deleted.

Reposting PMs on the public forum is against T&Cs.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Spitfire wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:17 pm Getting back to topic, I wouldn't even think of doing anything so dangerous as para-sailing on a beach in Phuket or Pattaya, mainly because the operators are cowboy locals that are leeching off the tourists and have no training or license or sense......not to mention responsibility. Rent a jet-ski and see what the priorities are... :guns:

Looking at the picture of the operators that they arrested then I wouldn't take a matchstick off them, let alone a paid joy ride of such nature as an extreme sport. Simply no safety anywhere here, use/do it all at your own risk. It was said he was on an "adventure" holiday...he had no idea how cynically true that really was the case. Same with so much once you look under the veneer of it all and few are held to account once the shallow media cycle moves on.

Yeee-haaa!

RIP dude.
First accident in Phuket and you are sure who is responsible.
FYI read this: www.channelnewsasia.com you will certainly not treat the instructor as a cowboy, because he is Aussi....
Yeee-ha..ha..ha....
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Was waiting for the know-it-all brigade to show up, surprised it took so long to be honest....just my opinion (which is still legal last time I looked) and it is vastly different to yours.

I'm glad you disagree...and btw, if you believe this is a 'first time accident' on the beaches here...then you are in La La Land. :neener:

Nice trolling try though, give you that. :|
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Spitfire wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:05 pm Was waiting for the know-it-all brigade to show up, surprised it took so long to be honest....just my opinion (which is still legal last time I looked) and it is vastly different to yours.

I'm glad you disagree...and btw, if you believe this is a 'first time accident' on the beaches here...then you are in La La Land. :neener:

Nice trolling try though, give you that. :|
And no guts to say something about the Aussi cowboy !!!! La La Land...
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Cheers Douchebag.jpg
Cheers Douchebag.jpg (51.49 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

Hey there guys,for god sake someone has rightly or wrongly unexpectedly lost their life here, families and friends shattered no doubt.Cut the crap. RIP Roger. Condolences to your family.
Complexity is so simply overrated
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up ... 88352022fc

Two parasail operators fail safety checks in area where Aussie fell to his death

PARASAILING has resumed on the Thai beach where an Australian tourist fell to his death last week, but two operators in the area failed safety checks in the wake of the tragedy.

Parasail rides began again at Kata Beach in Phuket on Wednesday after checks by Royal Thai Army experts on Monday, according toThe Phuket News.
The review was ordered by Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong after prominent Perth businessman Roger Hussey plummeted to his death just after taking off on a parasail ride on July 13.

Footage of him somehow becoming loose from his harness just after lift-off and freefalling more than 30m into the sea was captured by his wife, Thai national Budsabong Thongsangka.

Mr Hussey’s died shortly after.

Boat driver Montien Jandaeng, 45, and parasail attendant Rungroj Rakcheep, 38, were charged with negligence resulting in the death of another person.
It’s believed his harness somehow failed. The instructor told police he told Mr Hussey before takeoff how to hold the clips, but on takeoff he let them go, and when he resumed his grip somehow the harness unclipped.

Lieutenant Suwisit Keereerak, from Karon police station, told AFP last week “the equipment was not up to standard and the parachute attendant failed to tell his victim to hold the ropes in the correct position”.

Maj Prasert Saythongtae, Chief of Special Warfare at Sichon Camp, Royal Army Region 4 in Nakhon Sri Thammarat, told The Phuket News two parasail operators failed Monday’s safety checks — one in Karon and the other in Patong.

“I found only one operator from Kata-Karon and one operator from Patong (that failed),” he told the publication.

He said he had made it clear that all parasail operators should use harness clips that include cloth fasteners that prevent clips from opening simply by pressing on the latches.

The operator at Karon was told to replace the harness clips used. The operator at Patong was told to replace the parasail chute as a precaution.
“They have changed these already, they’re not a problem.” Maj Prasert said.

He would not name the two operators who failed the tests, saying more information would be available after he filed his report.

He told operators they must use clips “guaranteed by the manufacturer for at least six months, and all equipment must be checked at least every six months”.

He said he would prefer the Army conduct the regular safety checks, but that would be up to the local Governor.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade data lists Thailand as one of the most dangerous destination for Australian visitors.

More than 320 Australians were injured or died in Thailand in 2016.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain