Police launch campaign to improve Pattaya's sex-tainted image

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Police launch campaign to improve Pattaya's sex-tainted image

Post by handdrummer »

everything is always about "image" and never about substance. don't improve anything, just hide it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just been reading a report about a robbery in Pattaya. https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/pattay ... fuses-pay/

The final paragraph was classic (made me laugh, anyway).
It was not reported what service the two ladies offered to the Iranian man, but it could not possibly be prostitution since the Thai police said that doesn’t exist, and especially not in the family resort town of Pattaya.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HHTel wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:44 pm That's not true. Me and the kids have been many times over the years. I'll repeat what I've said on other threads. You can spend a couple of weeks there, doing something different every day without setting foot in the 'bar area'. There's a lot about Pattaya that is not reported. Why do you think the Thais flock there? Certainly not for the sex scene!
I totally agree with that.
Friends, a couple over 75 are not coming anymore to HH, they prefer Pattaya for various sites to visit.
This couple over 75 are certainly not going there for sex.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

europtimiste wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:16 pm
HHTel wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:44 pm That's not true. Me and the kids have been many times over the years. I'll repeat what I've said on other threads. You can spend a couple of weeks there, doing something different every day without setting foot in the 'bar area'. There's a lot about Pattaya that is not reported. Why do you think the Thais flock there? Certainly not for the sex scene!
I totally agree with that.
Friends, a couple over 75 are not coming anymore to HH, they prefer Pattaya for various sites to visit.
This couple over 75 are certainly not going there for sex.
OK hands up it is many years since I was last in Pattaya, and I know it will have changed just as HH has. However when I did live there there was certainly a good social life for expats - much better than in HH - with loads of leagues, quiz nights etc. and certainly no need to venture down Walking Street. I also found the beach much easier to access for my weekly hikes, with plenty of watering holes on the way both north and south. Shopping was very good, and access to Bangkok easy. Generally then - in 1999 - Pattaya expats had a much better relationship than HH did in later years, and yes the golf was, and still is, a big thing. But let's not forget how Pattaya gained it's reputation in the first place, and that reputation still exists. Pattaya has never had the same kind of restrictions which HH has for obvious reasons (although perhaps that will change?)

I'm sure there are tourists who don't go there for the sex - even some who are under 75 - but equally I can't believe that we can pretend that attraction doesn't exist, just as it does in Bangkok.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Pattaya will always be what it is. Since it got built up during the Vietnam war as an
R and R resort city at the seaside, that is the way Pattaya has been ever since. It is
ridiculous for the Police, Government or Military to try change anything about the place.
It is what it is, just as Las Vegas will always be what it is. Asia will have to totally
change its image and culture before this kind of thing will change. Go to Vietnam,
Cambodia and Phillipines, and there are places just like Pattaya on a slightly smaller scale.
Geezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Not in Vietnam. They made a lot of effort to avoid the sex tourists.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

it is a recognised police tactic in western cities for the police to allow prostitution in a certain well defined area, its going to happen best to allow it where you can watch it and have camera surveilance. Yi=ou also know where all the villians will be. A good tactic in Thai would be to allow Patty to be the designated area and clean it uo alsewhere. But fear not, no farang is going to be lonely anywhere.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Another breath taking example of denial....of course there couldn't possible be any prostitution in Pattaya.

Must be those pesky foreigners again. :shock:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

So now it is not Thai women on the game it is all the fault of African women

http://pattayaone.news/en/african-prostitutes-pattaya/
Walking Street cops round up the latest bunch of African prostitutes
At around 3:00am on March 3rd, Pattaya police, along with the help of police volunteers, rounded up around 40 African prostitutes hanging around the Walking Street area.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

We should congratulate the Pattaya police on an excellent example of non racial policing and protecting the jobs of, the alleged 27,000 Thai sex workers in the city. All's well that ends well with a happy ending!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Quite right !! The Donald would approve, globalisation has gone too far.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

were those African women card carrying prostitutes? how did they know that they were prostitutes? they may have just been visiting dignitaries or vacationing African women basketball players.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There has been an explosion in the number of black girls on the streets--if you walk from ASOK to NANA BTS stations the sidewalk is full of them.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

quite soon the thai prostitutes union will go on strike against these black girls and we'll have the worlds first prostitute's war and it will result in a stabilization of prices and the need to show your union card to customers in order to do business. democracy in action.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

well they are 'working girls' so deserve to have union.