Briton shot dead in Pataya

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
PeteC

Re: Briton shot dead in Pataya

Post by PeteC »

Unexpected twist? Court issues arrest warrants against Briton, South African over murder of British businessman

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/br ... s/30304983 (Suspect's photos at link)

The Pattaya Court Thursday issued arrest warrants against a Briton and a South African man accusing of murdering a British businessman in Pattaya on Tuesday.

Chon Buri police chief Pol Maj Gen Somprasong Yenthuam said the court approved the warrants against Miles Dicken Turner, who holds a British passport, and Abel Caldeira Bonito, who holds a South African passport.

They were charged with collaborating in killing Tony Kenway, 39, and with having gun and ammunition in control without license as well as carrying firearms in public place.

Somprasong said immigration record showed that the two had fled to Cambodia via an immigration checkpoint in Trat at 3 pm on Tuesday, not long after killing Kenway.

Somprasong said Thai police are seeking help from their Cambodia counterpart to try to locate and capture the two.

Police saw license plate of the motorcycle used by the pillion-rider gunman and checked with motorcycle renting service shops in Pattaya and found that the two registered their names to rent the machine.

Police said Bonito allegedly shot Kenway and Turner rode the motorcycle.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

I suspect that money or sex will probably turn out to be the cause behind this murder.

Saw the video on the shooting, it seems the two that did it never thought it through. They hired motor cycle in their real names, no full face helmets so CCTV got them coming and going and border immigration got them coming in and going out of Thailand.

I expect the Cambodian authorities will pick them up soon and push them back over the Thai border for the Thai courts to deal with.
If that is the case, their ass Is grass.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Cambodia awaits Thai request to go after Pattaya murder suspects

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1 ... r-suspects

Cambodian authorities are still waiting for a request from Thailand for the arrest of two foreign suspects who fled to Cambodia immediately after the daylight murder of a Briton in the Pattaya area this week.

Som Vann Virak, internal security department director of the Cambodian Interior Ministry, said on Friday Thailand had not yet made a request for cooperation in the capture of South African Abel Cadeira Bonito, 28, and Briton Miles Dicken Turner, 24, in connection with the death of Tony Kenway, the Khmer Times reported. 

Cambodian Deputy Police Commissioner Chhay Sinarith said authorities there could not make any move without a formal request from Thailand. 

“If Thai authorities request cooperation, they will send us a report about the incident,” the Khmer Times quoted him as saying.

Kenway, 39, was shot dead around mid-morning on Tuesday while sitting in the driver’s seat of his red Porsche Cayenne GTS in the parking lot in front of Sanit Sports Club Co in Bang Lamung district of Chon Buri.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ I think the Thai authorities will simply say good riddance. So far (earlier today) they had not informed the Cambodian authorities that these guys were wanted!!!

The boiler rooms in BKK are one of the biggest sources of tea and no one wants to break the pot if he upset the tea suppliers.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

It always amazes me just how many people get duped by the scammers!

Who in their right mind trusts a man they have never heard of or met and hand over their life savings to them.
I know many are elderly but many are not.
These scammers are scum and if this is what the murdered guy was up to, then all those duped got justice.

Rant over. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Never fear, the Sun is on the case!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2711874/b ... room-scam/
Talk is cheap
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Getting involved in a boiler room, illegal online gambling site or such like here....what could go wrong?
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Why is it mostly british/aus citizens which is involved/behind this shit?
YNWA