Swede dies in accident in Hua Hin

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Swede dies in accident in Hua Hin

Post by europtimiste »

centermid7 wrote:I doubt very seriously that there will even be any more "facts unfold". Indeed, it took several days before it made a new media story anywhere.

Beyond this thread there will be nothing else said about it.
This accident was reported on Talayhuahin on Nov. 28 with pictures and video.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I saw the 4 photos, but didn't see a video. He doesn't often post videos.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I apologise, the video was posted after the Talay HuaHin post, but you're right, and it's over 10 minutes of gore.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

A sad tale indeed (but all too common). This is the problem when the sun goes down, danger levels increase so much (even more than the daytime), irresponsibility increases so much too as every construction worker to office worker is blazing hell for leather to get some food, a bunch of cheap white spirit or beer, take little billy or jane to 7-11, go to the street food stalls for dinner and couldn't care less about anything.

After 7pm you might as well assume that everyone on the road is drunk, high or in a rush. The later you leave it to go on the road the more dangerous it becomes as the roads are full of morons here. :|
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I lived in Hua Hin 10 years and only used a motorcycle taxi twice, when I had to get somewhere and no other form of transport was available. Riding on the back of a bike in a country with drivers like Thailand, a total stranger driving, and not wearing protective gear is just asking for a trip to the ER or worse as in this case.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

hhfarang wrote:I lived in Hua Hin 10 years and only used a motorcycle taxi twice, when I had to get somewhere and no other form of transport was available. Riding on the back of a bike in a country with drivers like Thailand, a total stranger driving, and not wearing protective gear is just asking for a trip to the ER or worse as in this case.
Egocentric comment just to tell us that you can afford a taxi or Tuk Tuk instead of a moto taxi. An accident can happen even if you just walk out of your house, or walking on streets, you better stay home and wait for the ceiling falling on your head.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Go boil your head, Europrat.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

europtimiste wrote: Egocentric comment just to tell us that you can afford a taxi or Tuk Tuk instead of a moto taxi. An accident can happen even if you just walk out of your house, or walking on streets, you better stay home and wait for the ceiling falling on your head.
What a ridiculous post
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

europtimiste wrote:...................wait for the ceiling falling on your head.
I guess that is what happened to you, squashed whatever it is you carry around in your noggin.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

I will not comment on remarks from HHTel, migrant and Nereus, but I suggest to those 3..... to think about who's post is more ridiculous.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Eurotawat..add me as well. You bring nothing to this forum and as requested many many times before go and troll on "the other" forum where people like you seem to thrive.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

europtimiste wrote:I will not comment on remarks from HHTel, migrant and Nereus, but I suggest to those 3..... to think about who's post is more ridiculous.
I think we have all given it much thought, and came to accurate conclusions
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

:offtopic: please and stop the petty bickering.

I choose not to use motorcycle taxis or indeed ride motorbikes seen too many accidents traveling up and down Thailand. I always have a heightened awareness at night and i'm very cautious where i walk.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

I've spent most of my adult career working with explosives, so probably have a better take on real-time safety than most people..

Good safety is not borne of pedantic bureaucracy, box ticking or arse covering fifty page risk assessments that no-one finds the time to read.

Safety comes down to good practical education - knowing the risks and knowing the consequences of ignoring them.

Thailand is in the grip of a road safety crisis, and a lack of education is key to this. Moreover you can't shrug and say it's always been this way - it hasn't - three decades ago the bike taxis were under pedal power, and very few people under 30 were driving cars.

Today virtually every adult Thai can name a relative or close friend who has died on the roads, and most bear
the scars of accidents.

The Thais urgengty need better safety edudation - and educated farangs who take a 'when in Rome' attitude urgently need a wakeup call...
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I think first of all, they need to understand and accept there's a problem. Most Thai's I have discussed this with seem genuinely surprised when told how bad driving is here and the number of accidents / deaths on the road compared to elsewhere. The usual response is that they just thought it was normal.
Talk is cheap