Tough action against Hua Hin beach encroachers/demolition of pier restaurants

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Tough action against Hua Hin beach encroachers

Post by caller »

I arrived in HH earlier today as the other half is working at Bluport for the next few day's, so we went to one of the piers for a meal. Walking around afterwards (to the left of soi57), we came across an interesting display of old photos and I made comments in a book protesting about the proposed action.

One thing that's evident, is that the houses and piers on the seafront have been around, in one form or another, for a lot longer than was previously thought.

This next pic is interesting, look at the size of the structures back in the day......

We were talking to the owner of the house featured on the left of this crowded street scene, which is actually a religious procession. It was taken before his 78 year old grandmother was born (and she was in the house and yes, we said hello)! :D

Talk is cheap
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Great stuff Caller, I love photos of old Hua Hin. :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Great pics Caller :D
What are those structures, they look like they may be used for drying nets, but not sure.

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

It should be saved, the authorities have had years to resolve this issue and did not.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

The net drying would have been quite a sight I imagine. Probably a bit smelly though. I think that the area shouldn't just be demolished without seeeing what will replace it. I expect that the new harbour development would love to be able to get buses down there, and I'm sure the Hilton Hotel wouldn't object to wholesale road widening either.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

According to a competing forum they have started to tear down the seafood restaurants in Hua Hin City Centre by the sea. Can anyone confirm this?
YNWA
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

huahin4ever wrote:According to a competing forum they have started to tear down the seafood restaurants in Hua Hin City Centre by the sea. Can anyone confirm this?
Nothing evident from the soi last night.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

´
Tough action against beach encroachers is a cyclic phenomenon. Much as is "They Will Confiscate Your Company Owned House". The Beach Encroacher cycle is about 5 years while the Company Confiscation cycle varies between 3 - 6 years.

Nihil nove sub sole.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not 100% sure (it's in Thai), but I think this might be the start.

Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Is this the next step for Hua Hin?
.................................................................................
Authorities now target sand beds on Patong beach

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... tong-beach

PHUKET - Sand beds built on Patong beach by wily entrepreneurs trying to get around the ban on deckchairs and which they claim serve the needs of elderly tourists have local officials scratching their heads.

They are not sure if they are legal or not, but are still determined to oppose them.
sand beds.jpg
sand beds.jpg (55.56 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It's funny how the authorities seem determined to alienate tourists with these insane beach rules, citing the preservation of the beach, when the seas are generally filthy and in Patong and Pattayas cases, the towns behind the beach, are the pits in any case.
Talk is cheap
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Now that "some" Farangs have set a precedent of cleaning the beaches for Thais it will now become a condition of our visa that we all have to clean the beaches
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

The video shows a half baked surveying exercise - not something you'd expect just before the bulldozers went in - unless there's a compensation fund..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

When they cleared the beaches, they always vowed to try to find the 'entrepreneurs' alternative locations.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Seem the authorities are after illegal hotels not the restaurants? Maybe the restaurants are paying some big bucks somewhere, put my money on the place will look the same in ten years time.

http://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews ... ach-159371