Injured officers airlifted from helicopter crash site

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

More of the same! At this stage no fatalities, but I doubt that the damage will polish out!

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... crash-site

YALA -- Seven injured police officers were airlifted from a helicopter which made an emergency landing in dense forest in Than To district on Thursday and rushed to hospitals on Friday.

The Bell 212 helicopter No 2223 went down while flying over Sakai canal in tambon Mae Wat of Than To district late on Thursday afternoon. It had earlier departed from Bannang Sata district to deliver supplies to a border patrol police (BPP) base in Balahala forest.

On board were three pilots of the Police Aviation Department - Pol Col Jumpol Kruachan, Pol Maj Assakorn Rakdee and Pol Capt Arthit Piroon
- and four mechanics - Pol Capt Chainarong Hanthongchai, Pol Capt Thanongsak Prabripu, Pol Lt Jarin Chuaymuang and Pol Lance Corp Jirawut Suk-on.

Pol Maj Gen Sakhon Thongmunee, deputy chief of the Police Operational Centre for Southern Border Provinces, said  four of the seven on board were seriously injured - Pol Maj Assakorn, Pol Capt Arthit, Pol Capt Tanongsak and Pol Lance Corp Jirawut were seriously injured.  Pol Col Jumpol, Pol Capt Chainarong and Pol Lt Jarin were also hurt, but not so seriously.

The crash was being investigated, although bad weather was initially believed to be the cause.
........................................................................................
3 pilots and 4 mechanics, and not one of them could check the weather? :banghead:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Re: Injured officers airlifted from helicopter crash site

Post by PeteC »

I think all of the official helicopters here, both police and military are suffering seriously from age and perhaps lack of spares, as well as proper maintenance. Somewhere I read that fleet replacement is underway with I think some Russian machines. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Ere be the link, I hope t is not another forum

http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2016/5/18/5605/?h

and another good link

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/tha ... ers-05690/
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

They managed to crash this pretty much brand new machine into the side of a hill a couple of weeks ago.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32898

Yes, a lot of the equipment is old, but that is not the problem. Bell 204 / 205 / 212 Huey parts are still readily available. There is a complete refurbishment and upgrade program also available. Buying Russian built equipment is not going to change anything either.

Time after time we see crashes directly weather related. These things are not toys, and little children should not play with them!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!