Brit from Hua Hin suspected of murder.

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Brit from Hua Hin suspected of murder.

Post by HHTel »

A Briton being sought for the murder of his Thai girlfriend

Kanchanaburi provincial court has issued a warrant for the arrest of a Briton suspected of murdering his Thai girlfriend and stuffing her body in a red luggage which was later dumped into the Mae Klong river in Kanchanaburi province.

The suspect, identified as Looker Shane Kenneth, 45, was believed to have left Thailand already.

Pol Lt-Gen VeerapongChuenpakdee, commissioner of the 7th Provincial Police Bureau, said the National Police Office would seek the help of the Interpol to arrest the British suspect.

He said that the suspect did not escape from Thailand immediately but waited until police found the body stuffed in a red luggage in the river 23 days after the murder that he decided to run by taking a train ride into Malaysia via Padang Besar border point.

He however said police searched the suspect’s house in Hua Hin. Several personal items found in the house such as tooth brush and nail clipper were tested for DNA which was found to match the DNA found in the victim’s nails.

Source: PBS
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Brit from Hua Hin suspected of murder.

Post by NOKYAI »

They might have a better chance of finding him if they got his name the right way round!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I believe this story was in Coconuts-Bangkok before Christmas. CCTV images of the "before" of both of them in Bangkok etc. They knew where he was then but had no evidence to detain him. Leaf through Coconuts for the past month or so. Same location in Kanchanaburi, same river and suitcase story...it has to be the same incident. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Another revelation here as far as I'm concerned....I wouldn't trust Thai DNA testing with a 10' pole. The previous mess on Koh Tao seemed so bungled I'm not sure they know whose DNA they found. The head forensic person in the country also said her mind boggles as to what they did before they called in the proper people.

Another thought......die Thai and off to the Wat you go and depending upon funds, up in smoke that day or 3 or 7 or later perhaps if a VIP.

If a foreigner; jump off a balcony, hang yourself, die a skeleton from cancer, smash yourself into pieces on an MC or in a car and off to autopsy you go (EDIT: Mandatory without family consent) to determine cause of death before the body is released. Medical tourism in action.......I'm convinced it's Thai medical student training on each farang corpse.

I guess if anyone wants to pursue that line of thinking...best to start a new thread. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

Two more articles on this one ...

A Staffordshire man is wanted in connection with the murder of a Thai dancer whose body was found dismembered in a suitcase.

Thai police have named 45-year-old Shane Looker, born in Newcastle-under-Lyme, as the last known person to come into contact with go go dancer Laxami ‘Pook’ Manochat.

Reports suggest an autopsy report shows Miss Manochat suffered serious wounds but the cause of death was ruled as suffocation.

Miss Manochat’s body was cut into pieces and stuffed into a red suitcase alongside the body of a dog.

The case had been thrown into the Mae Klong River, 70 miles south of Thailand capital Bangkok.

http://staffslive.co.uk/2015/02/newcast ... er-murder/

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2015/02/02/hunt ... -suitcase/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Also on Sky News today incl his photo from Thai immigration:

http://news.sky.com/story/1419642/brito ... irl-murder

A British man is the focus of an international manhunt after a Thai bar girl's body was found chopped up in a suitcase.

The remains of Lazami "Pook" Manochat were found along with the body of a dead dog.

Shane Looker, 45, from Stoke-on-Trent, is thought to be the last person to have been in contact with the dancer.

Thai police believe Mr Looker fled to Malaysia. They think he may have been trying to make his way to Ibiza.

The luggage holder in which the girl's body parts were found had been dumped into the Mae Klong River in Kanchanaburi, 70 miles from the Thai capital Bangkok.

It was discovered on 9 November - more than a week after the Thai dancer was last seen with Mr Looker on 1 November.

According to reports in Thailand, DNA tests on nail clippers and a toothbrush and skin under the victim's nails also link Mr Looker as a suspect.

Reports in Thailand said Mr Looker and Miss Manochat had been seen on CCTV leaving the Nana Plaza region of Bangkok in November last year.

The area is notorious for its go-go bars and brothels and regularly attracts men from all over the world in search of sex.

An arrest warrant had been issued by Kanchanaburi provincial court for Mr Looker and the Royal Thai Police are seeking assistance from Interpol to arrest him.

The British Foreign Office said it has not been contacted by police in relation to the manhunt.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I see that Stoke-on-Trent is trying to disown him, pointing out immediately in the Stoke Sentinel that he was born in Newcastle!:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Update-N ... story.html
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Good that the name is cleared up

" Looker Shane Kenneth, 45, "

I thought it meant he was a good looking bloke, you know, as in - "What a looker"
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
buksida

Post by buksida »

Update: "I spent time with murdered Thai girl - but I didn't kill her," says wanted Newcastle man

A MAN wanted for questioning over the murder of a Thai bar worker has claimed he did not kill her.

Newcastle-born Shane Looker became the focus of an international manhunt after he was identified in CCTV footage walking hand-in-hand with Laxami ‘Pook’ Manochat.

The 31-year-old go-go dancer’s dismembered body was found stuffed in a red suitcase with a dead dog, which had been weighted down with rocks and thrown into the Mae Klong River in Kanchanaburi, 70 miles south of Thai capital Bangkok.

Her remains were discovered on November 9 – more than a week after she was last seen with Looker leaving Rainbow 4 go-go bar in the Nana Plaza region of the Thai capital on November 1.

Looker, who is still on the run, has now protested his innocence after it emerged Royal Thai Police had sought assistance from Interpol to establish his whereabouts.

DNA found on nail clippers and a toothbrush in a property in Hua Hin, believed to be the residence of Looker, have linked him to the victim.

Speaking through his lawyers, the 45-year-old said he had been advised to put his ‘affairs in order’ before handing himself in to police.

He said: “Yes, I did know her. I’m happy to accept that I spent time with her. She is a bar girl that I knew previously and I accept that I paid the bar fine.

“There is no way in the world that I’d ever hurt any woman let alone kill her. This is a despicable crime which I vehemently deny. I look forward to proving my innocence in the fullness of time. I have been advised to get my affairs in order so that I can surrender to the appropriate authorities with a properly instructed legal team.”

According to reports in Thailand, police believe the former Clayton High School pupil entered the country on October 31 and travelled to Malaysia by train in late November. It is thought he was trying to make his way to Ibiza.

Full story: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spent-ti ... story.html
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

And this is his legal representative...http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-firm ... -again-345
This is the way
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

That link has already been posted elsewhere. Jason Coghlan is not a lawyer. Just owns the company. A so-called reformed ex-con.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

He has also 'worked' in Hua Hin as reported by Andrew Drummond.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2013/09/ ... reign.html

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

This case is in the news again as apparently he has been arrested in Ibiza.

A British man at the centre of a Thai murder probe over the death of a go-go dancer has been arrested in Ibiza.

Shane Looker, 47, from Stoke-on-Trent is understood to have been held on the holiday island on an international arrest warrant.

He has been remanded in custody after appearing before a judge in a closed court hearing.

Looker is wanted for questioning by authorities in Thailand over the death of go-go dancer Laxami Manochat.

Her dismembered remains were found stuffed inside a suitcase thrown into a river near the capital Bangkok in November 2014.

Reports at the time said he owned a hotel in Ibiza.

Full story here : http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/br ... y-10588171

Man in pub circa 1987.