Brit found dead at 'The Beach' after pursuing dream

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Brit found dead at 'The Beach' after pursuing dream

Post by Siani »

I have just read this, not sure how he died. So sad, so young.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ch-4119466
PeteC

Re: Brit found dead at 'The Beach' after pursuing dream

Post by PeteC »

....so stupid.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I know you're sensitive Siani, and the above comment was not aimed at you. Look at the writing, look at the facts the Mirror gives...nothing. It's not good journalism and as far as the reader knows, the man could have jumped off a cliff with a dozen heroin needles in his arm. RIP young man....maybe someone, somewhere knows the real story. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

prcscct wrote:....so stupid.
That was a different one Pete:

British man dies after running into glass door while ‘under the influence of cocaine’
http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/29/british-m ... e-4850123/
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Yes i read this story earlier i am sure the facts will come out in the days to come, but still a really tragic young life ended rest in peace.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ All of these events here that people have posted about and people have commented on over the years have always been on the fringe of partial or total insanity. Perhaps in such ecstasy from arriving in a place so much different from home....warm climate...friendly....beautiful woman everywhere, inexpensive by comparison....a paradise at first and second glance, they simply lose it. The above kid is no exception, just unlucky IMO.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

prcscct wrote:^ Perhaps in such ecstasy from arriving in a place so much different from home....warm climate...friendly....beautiful woman everywhere, inexpensive by comparison....a paradise at first and second glance, they simply lose it. The above kid is no exception, just unlucky IMO.
Well I've read four differing reports of cause of death so far so as usual the media is going haywire.

I think Pete summed up the feelings youngsters will have when they first hit the Thailand resorts. Add into the euphoria booze, drugs and then the nagging knowledge that they have to go home back to a comparatively boring mundane existence and you have the recipe for disaster.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

I have to agree with Pete and Richard on this one... Sad way to end your life for what a "mature" individual person would see as part of life... No reason to end it... RIP young man...
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
Artist
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Artist »

I think part of it could be the cultural shock! Sad stories....
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, if drugs (which I strongly suspect it is), tw@t... end of.

Absolute zero sympathy - sorry, but taking drugs or a life (yours or others) is a choice. The PC brigade may disagree, as may those who have lost someone close. Personally, I have lost 2 close friends in my teenage years and 1 more later in life to drugs, and I truly despise those supplying them or taking them.

Thailand profess to have a strong attitude against drugs - about time it was put into practice in these resorts.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

^^100% agree with pharvey.
...its why i live in hua-hin rather then the islands...less young tossers about. Thailand itself said its wants quality over quantity, i feel they'll need a very large brush to sort out some parts of this pleasant land.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The more I read about this the more confused I've become. :banghead: At age 21 he decided his life is not worth living if he went home?

On top of that we have relatives saying things like, "This little legend has touched the heart and soul from every corner. Such an ambassador for our family ..Bless him, " wrote another, a relative." Such an ambassador for our family??!! :shock: :shock: :banghead: :banghead:

I think best if I just stop trying to figure it out, or read anymore. :(
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

prcscct wrote:The more I read about this the more confused I've become. :banghead: At age 21 he decided his life is not worth living if he went home?

On top of that we have relatives saying things like, "This little legend has touched the heart and soul from every corner. Such an ambassador for our family ..Bless him, " wrote another, a relative." Such an ambassador for our family??!! :shock: :shock: :banghead: :banghead:

I think best if I just stop trying to figure it out, or read anymore. :(
A family will always think of their 21 year old as a child and always see the happy side of his life. A 21 year old will think he is a man and has no need of a clinging family. Especially after sampling the exotic fruits of life in a far away paradisaical world
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

as he was such an 'Ambassador' i assume he must have got all the relevant work permits/visas for working here...hmmm
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D