Prachuab officials to reorganize Hua Hin beach

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Prachuab officials to reorganize Hua Hin beach

Post by STEVE G »

caller wrote:Well I'm in Patong at the moment and I was looking forward to a seat, table and brolly on the beach, but there's nothing here - perhaps its always been that way? So it's a mat on the beach and if you want shade, the trees at the top of the beach will have to do. I didn't stay long.
There's been a beach clearance going at Patong since July:

Army Begins Patong Beach Clearance: Umbrella Loungers to be Banned By Law Across Phuket
http://phuketwan.com/tourism/army-begin ... ket-20577/
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Best way to attract more tourists; take away the amenities they use...
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Pleng wrote:Best way to attract more tourists; take away the amenities they use...
Come on now Pleng. Don't you see? The objective is to keep 'up market' tourists confined to up market resorts and leave the beaches to tidal rubbish and jellyfish. It will also mean that the MIB don't have to move from their comfortable offices and get sand in their boots patrolling cos the resorts will use their private security guards to control their guests :wink:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I don't see what's wrong with umbrellas and chairs being offered (for a price by a licensed vendor) when a tourist goes to the beach in lieu of a permanent forest set up on public property every day.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Hua Hin beach is a disgrace as far as litter and general rubbish is concerned. At least it was 3 weeks ago unless they have cleaned it in the meantime.
Labour is relatively cheap so to clear it up would not be expensive. It is beyond me that they have a beautiful beach but just let it go to ruin.
Maybe they could then advertise it as the cleanest beach in Thailand and maybe just maybe they would get more visitors.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, not local, but this reply to a question about Phuket's beaches made me laugh

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-q-a ... -49317.php

Just think of the money you are saving on beach beds/umbrellas :laugh:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If I recall most Southern European (read Italy) beaches are full of those little lounge houses covering the entire beach. Those beaches I believe are stony so I can see why no one wants to put a towel on the sand. Regardless, many tourists used to Europe beaches will probably be in for a shock here this year. Sitting or reclining on a towel or mat is not a problem, but getting a break from the intense sun may be. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here we go, these things used to be available everywhere. We have 2-3 at our house to use for beach or outdoor eating on the floor. Good idea for vendors to set up shop with these, they'll probably make quite a bit of money. First thing a beach loving tourists should look for this year IMO. Pete

http://www.beeglorious.com/sedge-grass-crafts.html
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

prcscct wrote:Here we go, these things used to be available everywhere. We have 2-3 at our house to use for beach or outdoor eating on the floor. Good idea for vendors to set up shop with these, they'll probably make quite a bit of money. First thing a beach loving tourists should look for this year IMO. Pete

http://www.beeglorious.com/sedge-grass-crafts.html
I thought one of the main reasons for the beach clean-up was to remove unlicensed vendors so to suggest they 'set up shop' is unlikely to happen
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Shops selling them in town.....not directly on the beach. I'm sure there are several already and my thought is they should increase their stock as should be a popular item IMO. Pete :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

From what I saw last time I was back on Hua Hin's beach, everything was almost back as it was. I intend doing the beach walk to Khao Takiab when the weather improves, and will try to provide some comparison photos - before and now.

Points 48; Position 20
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Big Boy wrote:I intend doing the beach walk to Khao Takiab when the weather improves, and will try to provide some comparison photos - before and now.
Looking forward to this report! :thumb:

Do anyone know if there has been changes in Suan Son beach. I kinda liked the "mousetrap chairs" and floating around on an inner tube (correct word?). I would hate if all that were gone. Has anyone been there lately?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My last time at Suan Son was a few weeks ago, and everything looked the same. The army wouldn't **** in their own back yard.

Points 48; Position 20
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Big Boy wrote:My last time at Suan Son was a few weeks ago, and everything looked the same. The army wouldn't **** in their own back yard.
Sounds good! Thanks!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Well surely most of us who have lived here many years knew it was just going to be a blip.

We 'knee jerk' too much IMO
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.