Red Bull exec's kid arrested for fatal running over of cop

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Re: Red Bull exec's kid arrested for fatal running over of c

Post by johnnyk »

oakdale160 wrote:The way that this would play out in the west is that a few months from now he would be found seriously injured or more in a wreck, cus every cop in town would be out to get him and show you dont fool with the cops--Does it work that way here.
There's still time. Revenge is a dish best eaten cold.
Happiness can't buy money
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

Bring this to the world, start a world wide information campaign and ban on Red Bull and then see how much family support the little twerp get's then. I would imagine someone would have him feeling better and standing up straight in front of the of the magistrate in no time flat.
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

johnnyk wrote:
oakdale160 wrote:The way that this would play out in the west is that a few months from now he would be found seriously injured or more in a wreck, cus every cop in town would be out to get him and show you dont fool with the cops--Does it work that way here.
There's still time. Revenge is a dish best eaten cold.

Quite correct, and I wouldn't be at all surprised it this happens at some point.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Red Bull exec's kid arrested for fatal running over of cop

Post by hhfarang »

"Red Bull heir enjoys jet-set life 4 years after hit-and-run"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/red-bull-hei ... 19273.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Nor the junta nor any government will change this double standard. Rich people (the oligarchy) can but judges, prosecutors and cops of course. Only a revolution can change that.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

And, so the sick joke continues...........

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39427291

While money has certainly helped the snotty-nosed prick, he has also been very lucky, because he could have killed the child of someone like me, in which case he who have departed from this world long ago. If the authorities cannot do their job, then sometimes you just have to take the law into your own hands.

I must admit, I'm quite surprised the prime minister has not stepped in, even if only to try and show that HE is the one with power and that he wants everyone to be treated equally.

:cuss:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Takiap wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 am And, so the sick joke continues...........

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39427291

I must admit, I'm quite surprised the prime minister has not stepped in, even if only to try and show that HE is the one with power and that he wants everyone to be treated equally.

Do you really trust this HE ? You should already know what kind of person he is.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Takiap wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 am I must admit, I'm quite surprised the prime minister has not stepped in, even if only to try and show that HE is the one with power and that he wants everyone to be treated equally.
As the old saying goes, "He who pays the piper....."

You would hope that as the international press has a hold on this story but newspapers and readers are fickle and soon the new story will take priority. Yesterday's news is relegated to chip shop wrapping

The publicity is actually good for Red Bull. Paraphrasing but any news can be good news for a brand owner if the brand name is in the news, for good or bad reasons.

I hope he gets the maximum sentence if he is ever arrested but the chances of him actually serving jail time are zero and the rest is just, window dressing. Sad!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

You're absolutely right, Bristolian. He'll never do time. If the heat gets turned up, then he'll disappear abroad for a few years. I mentioned this case to my students today who are 4th yr English Majors, so no language barrier. A handful of them were disgusted by the lack of justice for the victim, and the rest were asking their friends what on earth I was talking about. :| It has no doubt been discussed on Thai forums, but, at the end of the day, I don't think the majority of Thais really care that much if it doesn't directly affect them. Furthermore, the Thai 'justice' system doesn't give two hoots about what people outside Thailand think.

VS :(
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Vital Spark wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 pm the rest were asking their friends what on earth I was talking about.
I find it very sad that they are so ill-informed on how their Country operates.

However, I have no doubt that for many, despite all the generals rhetoric, it's evidence that nothing has or will change under his stewardship. I'll leave it at that.
Talk is cheap
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

caller wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:48 pm I find it very sad that they are so ill-informed on how their Country operates.
I've got used to it...

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

10 photos of untouchable Red Bull heir living high life as he’s wanted for death of policeman at link.

Coconuts
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Thai prosecutors to seek arrest warrant for Red Bull heir"

https://www.mail.com/int/news/world/514 ... e-hero1-10
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Good luck with their request for an arrest warrant. If it's snowing in HH in the morning and cats are returning from hell, they may have a chance!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

So is this another face saving exercise? All very well to issue a warrant, but how are they going to enforce it?
....................................................................................................
Arrest warrant issued for Red Bull heir

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -bull-heir

An arrest warrant was issued for Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya by the South Bangkok Criminal Court on Friday.

The court approved the request for a warrant made by Thong Lor police after the Red Bull heir ignored a scheduled meeting with prosecutors for the eighth time on Thursday.

Mr Vorayuth faces charges of hit-and-run and reckless driving causing death.

The arrest warrant has a 15-year life, starting on Sept 3, 2012 with the expiration date Sept 3, 2027.

Sept 3, 2012 was the day Mr Vorayuth crashed his Ferrari into the rear of a motorcycle ridden by Pol Sen Sgt Maj Wichean Klanprasert, chief of a patrol unit at Thong Lor police station, about 5.30am on Sukhumvit Road near Soi 47.

He subsequently fled to his house in Soi Sukhumvit 53 and stayed there for hours before coming out to surrender to police. 

He was later released on bail. The policeman died at the scene.

National police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda said before the warrant was approved that police will ask  UK authorities and Interpol to assist in returning him to Thailand. Mr Vorayuth would be immediately arrested by immigration police when he showed up at the Thai border, he added.

The whereabouts of Mr Vorayuth are unclear, but he has been seen at international sporting events. He was last tracked down in London on April 5 by the Associated Press.

"Boss" has repeatedly postponed summomnses to report to prosecutors, including the latest one on Thursday when a lawyer again said his client had a prior engagement overseas.

The Office of the Attorney-General's senior representative  at the South Bangkok Criminal Court asked Thong Lor police to proceed with obtaining an arrest warrant after the deadline for the lastest meeting passed at 4pm on Thursday with another no-show.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!