MY BEST MATE WAS POISONED IN THAILAND - JONNYS LIVING IN THAILAND VLOGS

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

MY BEST MATE WAS POISONED IN THAILAND - JONNYS LIVING IN THAILAND VLOGS

Post by 404cameljockey »

This vlogger had a rough week last week, but at least his lost wallet was returned. His mate had a worse one, be careful where you eat I guess is the watchword! Don't discuss the possible name of any restaurant in the forum unless you want a libel suit against you!
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Re: MY BEST MATE WAS POISONED IN THAILAND - JONNYS LIVING IN THAILAND VLOGS

Post by J.J.B. »

It never ceases to amaze me how easily food is blamed for such cases of acute illness while nobody mentions drink. Many communicable diseases, such as Typhoid, Dysentery and Cholera are waterborne and can be consumed in ice cubes or from salads washed in contaminated water.

Unless you can isolate the microbe (virus, bacteria, eukaryote) in the patient and match it to the food source, you can’t definitively show a cause. Ironically meat on pizzas (“salami” in this case) is one of the least likely foods to be “off” due to the lack of water they contain and the high concentration of salt. This method of preservation has been used successfully for centuries.

Johnny’s ‘mate’ was likely already dehydrated through alcohol consumption and may have picked-up a cryptosporidium infection that gave him an unwelcome case of severe diarrhoea. In areas where water levels rise and join up to mix with drains and sewers, as in HH last week, pathogens can be more easily transferred. Forum members will be aware of the severe epidemics that follow floods, which are due to water-borne illnesses.

Irresponsible and ignorant attribution to restaurant chains with zero evidence should be called out as the BS it is. Social media and the citizen journalist. Pfft!
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Notwithstanding another excellent contribution from JJB above, what a tedious piece of work that vlog was, presented by a less than articulate aussie looking as though he was still suffering from the previous nights excesses. Do people actually watch this stuff?
Talk is cheap
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Got to agree with Caller. Earlier I read the opening post but didn't open the video as I was too busy. However, with time to kill this afternoon I attempted to watch the vid to see about this 'poisoning'.

Couldn't believe I was watching someone going about their daily routine. Gets a KFC delivered,does the school run, goes for a coffee ..........snooze, dull or what ? And people regularly watch this rubbish? Amazing.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Do people actually watch this stuff?
No! Not this people!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Nereus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm
Do people actually watch this stuff?
No! Not this people!
Maybe I should have said does anybody watch this stuff more than once. :laugh: :thumb:

Man in pub circa 1987.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I think people that don't live in Thailand watch these vlogs as they may be fascinated by daily life in a foreign country, or even be thinking of moving there. A friend of mine in the UK mentions them to me sometimes (An American in Bangkok is one vlog that I found particularly grating). This Aussie guy is a bit irritating but harmless. :mrgreen:
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

J.J.B. wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:29 pm Irresponsible and ignorant attribution to restaurant chains with zero evidence should be called out as the BS it is. Social media and the citizen journalist. Pfft!
Indeed. The amount of damage people can do to a restaurants reputation, and therefore people's livelihood, by just saying "I got food poisoning from..." is extreme. Especially as the justification is usually "well it was the last place I ate" which is a pretty whack assumption considering most types of food poisoning take 12-48 hours before symptoms show.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I only clicked on this thread because I thought some poor sod has been done over by his girlfriend or etc.

I have not watched the video and I have no intention to now that I know it is just about some guy who got a bit of food poisoning. It happens all over the world, and as has been stated already, you can't just blame it on the last meal you ate.

Fortunately for me, I've only had food poisoning twice in my life, and the occasional runny tummy.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Hmm, since it's in Foo, shall we turn this silly thread into an "Embarrassing illnesses I've had" thread?

I spent a couple of years in Pakistan back in the 80s. I had a great time (perhaps surprisingly), but while there I managed to get amoebic dysentery. Not a pleasant experience, but a very good way to lose a lot of weight quickly. Imodium was my friend for quite some time...

I didn't get much sympathy. Lesser problems of this nature were extremely common, and the most popular topic of conversation at the dinner table was the state of one's bowels.

Anyway, after a couple of months, I suddenly found the smell of food appetising again and thought all my troubles were over. Little did I know they had barely begun! The... umm... overactivity in my rear nether regions had caused what I later discovered was an 'anal fissure'. If you're not familiar with the term, it's pretty much what it says on the tin. Now that my crap had resumed its normal shape and size, expelling it became agony.

I went to see a local doctor. He said, most politely (and you have to imagine an Indian accent), "Please remove your trousers and assume a position as though you were praying to Allah." I was there for a delightful procedure called a colonoscopy, which involved ramming a camera on the end of a flexible tube up my backside. Given the nature of the problem, to say that this brought tears to my eyes would be a gross understatement... When he told me to relax my sphincter it was all I could do not to thump him!

Anyway, the diagnosis made, I had to wait a couple of months until I got back to the UK. Once there, I went through a procedure called an 'anal stretch'. Another term that leaves little to the imagination, fortunately performed under a general anaesthetic. Nothing more to tell really, though I was left mentally scarred for life... :shock: :laugh:
This is the way
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Once there, I went through a procedure called an 'anal stretch'.
So, I assume from that nobody can accuse you of being full of ****? :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

My god, DM! What a story. :shock:

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Nereus wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:24 pm
Once there, I went through a procedure called an 'anal stretch'.
So, I assume from that nobody can accuse you of being full of ****? :rasta:
Oh, I don't know; have you ever heard him talking about Tottenham ? :thumb: :neener:

Man in pub circa 1987.