What Nationality Are You

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!

What nationality are you

Poll ended at Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:49 pm

British
54%
USA
14%
Canadian
No votes
French
No votes
German
4%
Swedish
2%
Norwegian
2%
Australian
8%
Belgium
No votes
Swiss
2%
Austrian
No votes
Netherlands
2%
Other
12%

Total votes: 50

pharvey

Re: What Nationality Are You

Post by pharvey »

johnjar wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:17 pm "What Nationality Are You" Being English is not a nationality is it , don't understand your rationality there :)
Not British then? Where's the arrogance or racism there then? Tw@t.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

johnjar wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:17 pm This thread is "What Nationality Are You" Being English is not a nationality is it , don't understand your rationality there , and agree a fuller list would be a lot better , 270 countries even better with a drop down list :)
English not a nationality? :shock: You really must be well away with the fairies? :rasta:
Welsh and Scottish are also nationalities before together in a Union, they are British. :wink:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Jonjar did it again. What is he taking?

Of course, English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish are nationalities!

I'd like to think that Yorkshire is but I'll have to settle for being English.
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

I voted yesterday but it doesnt show in the results!

Australia
You only live once.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

StevePIraq wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:50 pm Ha Ha Brits are winning already
winning?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

johnjar wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 pm Currently in 2017 there is 270 nationalities and 300 different languages in world so this is going to be a long list and a lot of resetting :)
Absolute nonsense! There are only two nationalities: Thai and Farang. :wink: :duck:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I from South Africa so voted Other.

What always baffles me is that so many Thais simply cannot grasp the fact that Africa consists on many different countries. Many local actually believe Africa is a very big country, so when I say I come from South Africa, they simply believe I stay in the south of the country. And, of course I usually get questioned about the color of my skin because you only get black people in Africa. :D

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Takiap wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:55 am I from South Africa so voted Other.

What always baffles me is that so many Thais simply cannot grasp the fact that Africa consists on many different countries. Many local actually believe Africa is a very big country, so when I say I come from South Africa, they simply believe I stay in the south of the country. And, of course I usually get questioned about the color of my skin because you only get black people in Africa. :D

:cheers:
:D And it's even more complicated than that. I remember the rugby matches that were commentated half in English and half in Afrikaans (do they still do that?)

But try: England/United Kingdom (of Britain and Northern Ireland)/Great Britain/British Isles.
Country/nation/geographical entity? But who outside of it knows which is which? :D
Peroni
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Peroni »

I voted yesterday, Australian, and today's results show zero votes? :banghead:

John :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The poll was re-set. Please vote again.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
egiljohann
Amateur
Amateur

Post by egiljohann »

I'm norwegian.... have been living in Hua Hin for 14 years, married with a thai, but don't speak the language. I have tried to learn the local lingo, but when you've passed 70 the harddisc is full. Still have a good life here.
:oops:
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

pharvey wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:52 pm
johnjar wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:17 pm "What Nationality Are You" Being English is not a nationality is it , don't understand your rationality there :)
Not British then? Where's the arrogance or racism there then? Tw@t.
pharvey ...Your tone seems to be a bit angry, especially with the "curse word you typed" in at the end of your post.You need to chill out, the original question on forum was "What Nationality Are You"It had a tick box British only,it did not have tick boxes for England , Wales ,Scotland or N.Ireland.

"The United Kingdom (in full, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) is made up of four constituent countries or nations, also called the Home Nations:

England,Northern Ireland,Scotland and Wales Under British law, these four countries are an equal union, sharing a common British citizenship. The term "Britain" here means "the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". A UK passport describes its holder as a "British citizen"...From the web
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Jonjar, you still don't seem to accept that each of the four countries have their own identity and nationality.

When you are wrong, admit it! No big deal.
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

HHTel wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:21 am Jonjar, you still don't seem to accept that each of the four countries have their own identity and nationality.

When you are wrong, admit it! No big deal.
HHtel..I do admit that all countries in UK have their own identity and nationality and all are proud of it , as I,me proud of it also , and your right it's no a big deal... :cheers:
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I don't remember ever meeting someone from the UK who said they were from Great Britain. Always English/British, Welsh, Irish, or Scottish.