The Stroop Effect

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

The Stroop Effect

Post by Nereus »

No, no not DROOP effect. All us oldies need to check this out:

http://www.whatispsychology.biz/about-s ... definition

Stolen from: http://www.flightsafetyaustralia.com/20 ... xperience/
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Re: The Stroop Effect

Post by Vital Spark »

An interesting article, but I consciously managed to do column 3 by reading the words and ignoring the colours. I do a lot of proof-reading for my colleagues at work, and have to force myself to read much more slowly than I normally would. I still read any text three times before I hand it back, as the brain auto corrects. Thank you, brain, but you're not helping me!

VS
(I hope I haven't made any mistakes in my post... :| )
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Vital Spark wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:56 pm An interesting article, but I consciously managed to do column 3 by reading the words and ignoring the colours. I do a lot of proof-reading for my colleagues at work, and have to force myself to read much more slowly than I normally would. I still read any text three times before I hand it back, as the brain auto corrects. Thank you, brain, but you're not helping me!

VS
You're supposed to ignore the words and say the colours. Reading the words is easy.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

HHTel wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 pm
Vital Spark wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:56 pm An interesting article, but I consciously managed to do column 3 by reading the words and ignoring the colours. I do a lot of proof-reading for my colleagues at work, and have to force myself to read much more slowly than I normally would. I still read any text three times before I hand it back, as the brain auto corrects. Thank you, brain, but you're not helping me!

VS
You're supposed to ignore the words and say the colours. Reading the words is easy.
Indeed!
I was fast and fine except hesitated on the last two words in column three, but still got them right. For brain testing I started Sudoku recently. God I hate them, even the easy ones. Give me a UK Times crossword and a Chang any day.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

HHTel wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:38 pm Try this:

https://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/ready.html
2.3 seconds slower on the second set (18.7 against 21.0), puts me in the fastest 25 percent. What does it mean, am I a psychopath?

10.00 pm at night and tired. :D
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

HHTel wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 pm You're supposed to ignore the words and say the colours. Reading the words is easy.
Well, I buggered that up. I didn't read the instructions. Didn't do too well on the test you posted, because of my concentration on the words. Ho hum.... ;)

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"