toilet paper etiquette: Bin or bowl?

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

toilet paper etiquette: Bin or bowl?

Post by StevePIraq »

Is it possible that Thailand may one day catch up with the rest of the world

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-4 ... in-or-bowl
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: toilet paper etiquette: Bin or bowl?

Post by RCer »

StevePIraq wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:58 pm Is it possible that Thailand may one day catch up with the rest of the world

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-4 ... in-or-bowl
You mean Iraq, et-al even have flushing toilets and use toilet paper? 8)
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

ha ha in Iraq as most Islamic countries it is hose only, the only places you find paper is hotels and western accommodation.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Well, you did say "rest of the world". Lol

I did my time in Southern Turkey back in the 80s.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

ya got me there
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Interesting bit about the Arab world. I was seconded to the Iranian Navy for a couple of years. When they left the UK, every spare inch on board was filled with toilet rolls, which they were taking back with them.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

what do you do, in the arab world, if you're left-handed?
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

We had bins in the bathrooms in my house until about 1 year ago, I got so fed up seeing them always overflowing so I chucked them all out. Now they have had to learn to flush the tissue.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

StevePIraq wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:45 pm We had bins in the bathrooms in my house until about 1 year ago, I got so fed up seeing them always overflowing so I chucked them all out. Now they have had to learn to flush the tissue.
It's not impossible to empty them...
I was a dedicated bum flusher for years before coming back to the UK, and tbh I don't feel entirely clean now using loo paper alone. But I thought the whole point of not flushing toilet paper was because the waste pipes are not wide enough to cope?
This is the way
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

My late father was in the Royal Signals regiment and seconded to the Trucial Oman Scouts in the mid-sixties. One of his favourite stories was of the British Army digging latrines and the locals blocking them with stones, presumably in the absence of bum-guns at the time.

So the Army taught the locals about toilet paper and encouraged them to use it so the latrines didn't block. They scratched their heads a few weeks later when the latrines were once again blocked. The locals were adamant they were using the toilet paper provided and demonstrated how they used it to wrap the stones!
:laugh:
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

In modern construction here the pipe diameter is adequate and standard, and modern septic systems can handle the average degradable paper. I think the practice of binning paper comes from the old squat systems where the tank was little more than a hole in the ground directly under or near the squatter. Old habits die hard even if the technology has changed. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

prcscct wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:08 pm In modern construction here the pipe diameter is adequate and standard, and modern septic systems can handle the average degradable paper. I think the practice of binning paper comes from the old squat systems where the tank was little more than a hole in the ground directly under or near the squatter. Old habits die hard even if the technology has changed. Pete :cheers:
how do I know if my house has a modern septic system?
where can I buy enzymes for the system?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You should have something similar to the photo installed in the ground if the house built within the last 15-20 years or so. You see tanks like this stacked up outside most Global stores and some Homepro outlets. Bacteria concentrate is sold at just about every hardware place. You only need to put it in about twice a year if that. The waste itself should generate enough bacteria to keep the decomposition of solids progressing as it should. Pete :cheers:
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (2.77 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
PS: Just don't flush a lot of bacteria killing cleaners. Nothing down the hopper except what is meant to go down there. No paper towels, sanitary napkins etc.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

There is a discussion here about the ins and outs of crap:

http://www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... er#p425687
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!