Old habits die hard!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Old habits die hard!

Post by oakdale160 »

I find it puzzling how even though retired for several years I retain some habits from my working life. I wake on Sat and think, "oh good its the weekend", even though one day is much like another. I always do my main grocery shopping on Sunday morning, not a great time as the stores are full. I always do laundry on Sunday evening, ready for the work week and when electricity is cheaper'
But the most frequent thing is when, like this, I am doing something not too important online, I will get a feeling--OMG I really should get back to work.
Anybody else have these habits and feelings??
keepitfun
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Old habits die hard!

Post by keepitfun »

I can relate to what you are saying but in a different way. I love the weekends...even more than when I was working, the reason is that they are now totally free of chores. When I was working the weekend was for mowing the lawn, odd jobs, shopping...they were so busy. I make sure I get all this done during the week now and relax on the weekend. works for me
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

A retiree's week is six Saturdays and a Sunday.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If you have a young one in the house it's very similar to not being retired. Still get up and make breakfast M-F, take to school, go to sports events and shows, help with homework. A definite labour of love though, and the good thing is once the daily routine is over no going to the office! :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source