Edith Clampton (Mrs)

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Bamboo Grove

Edith Clampton (Mrs)

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I was reading the old Crutch's article today, where he mentioned this famous (non-existing) lady from the early 90's. Who else remembers her? It could have been Crutch himself.

http://www.thai-blogs.com/2010/01/18/th ... mpton-mrs/
PeteC

Re: Edith Clampton (Mrs)

Post by PeteC »

Oh yes. Used to read her letters to the Post at least once a week. Life was simpler here then, and arguably more fun. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Oh yes. Used to read her letters to the Post at least once a week. Life was simpler here then, and arguably more fun. :D Pete :cheers:
And if I remember correctly, we were younger then, too. :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Bamboo Grove wrote:
And if I remember correctly, we were younger then, too. :cheers:
Yeah, me too! Didn't need this bloody walking stick in those days! :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Don't forget Crutch's columns about Ms Yasothon. Just as funny if not more so than Edith. :D
Bamboo Grove wrote:A bit OT but this reminds me of Crutchley's P.M. column and miss Yasothon. Happy memories of reading the column in 90's.
Your above post bamboo is from a 2013 thread, "Life with the Maid". Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Needs to be noted that with both of the above characters, we (or at least I) did all the reading with a hard copy of the Post in hand each morning. I only started to have very limited internet dial up connections here in 1996 and not sure when the Post came on-line? I don't think it was until well after year 2000. Pete :cheers:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Yes, I liked Ms Yasothon and the stories about Crutch's dog. Sgt Nop, however was never my favourite. I think I read the paper version of BP until the day I left Thailand in 2008.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Outside of Bangkok it's difficult to find an agency any longer who home delivers the Post, or any newspaper. It may be a problem in Bangkok also. Pete :cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Down here in Bang Saphan we haven't had the post in over a month. When I asked the seller, always got "next week", then "next year". Haven't checked in a couple days though
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.