When Have You Ever Got it 'Wrong' in Thailand?

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Re: When Have You Ever Got it 'Wrong' in Thailand?

Post by alleykat »

Bristolian wrote:^^ a tad harsh. He already admitted that he got it wrong. Jeez, have you never done something, in haste, that you later regretted?

That was the point of the thread!
Bristolian, yes I have. However it's more to do with his abusive comments to people who replied, and also his general attitude and comments on other threads.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

alleykat wrote:
Bristolian wrote:^^ a tad harsh. He already admitted that he got it wrong. Jeez, have you never done something, in haste, that you later regretted?

Bristolian, yes I have. However it's more to do with his abusive comments to people who replied, and also his general attitude and comments on other threads.
I retract my little digs at each poster. They were aimed due to accusations of drink driving then for someone picking up a small typo in my post instead of making any rerlevant comment.

Apologies to anyone offendend

Regarding my foul language with the police. Like I said I used my best street Thai to get across the point I was making. No foul langauge was used. It was a little bit of sarcasm when I translated what I'd said in English (read 'spoke to him calmly) in the the English version.I'm not a yob. I certainly wasn't screaming and shouting and making a scene. The nice officer kindly waited to tell me the situation in very good english.

I read the situation wrong and it was my mistake - Hence the Op

You guys have got to chill or you'l lgive yourself a heart attack oneday.

So,never got it wrong in Thailand? What a bunch of saints you are?

Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

It's just that always seem to pick up on the bad points of thailand yet come across with such attitude thay it's hardly surprising that you havnt managed to achieve over here.

Anyway ralizing the error of your ways will hopefully teach you a thing or two about life.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

alleykat wrote:

Fair point!

And now he has apologised (until next time :twisted: ) :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

So,never got it wrong in Thailand? What a bunch of saints you are?
I got it wrong from start to finish. I quit a six figure (easy) job and sold up everything to move lock, stock, and barrel and retire for life in Thailand... wrong, big mistake!

I used a good portion of my life savings to build a "mansion" there to spend the rest of my life in... wrong, bigger mistake!

I trusted another expat to build that house... wrong, biggest mistake yet, as he turned out to be an incompetent crook! (still building developments there, btw!)

I used another good portion of what was left of my life savings to rebuild my wife's family home in Issan which had a 200% cost overrun... wrong, big mistake!

I used what was left of my life savings to buy land in Hua Hin as an investment... wrong, big mistake!

So yes, GLC; I got nearly everything wrong from the time I discovered Hua HIn until the time I decided to move back to the U.S.. I was pushed, prodded, and persuaded into every one of those decisions by my lovely wife, who now regrets most of them even more that I do so she, a Thai, got it wrong too!
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

:agree:
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

alleykat wrote:

:) I like most of his posts. He has a sense of humor, witty, funny and intelligent :)
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Siani wrote: :) I like most of his posts. He has a sense of humor, witty, funny and intelligent :)
Really:

" you utter wally. "
" YOU COMPLETE MORON "
" you were another Jimmy Saville "
" you come across as a right twat "

You may find the above insults to be witty, funny and intelligent, but I think most people would find them to be just what they are, nasty, unnecessary insults thrown out as part of an anger fuelled diatribe :tsk: :tsk:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Perhaps if hin hadn't been so quick with his own rather insulting response and failing to see the purpose behind the OP there would have been no abusive retorts. Hin's second post didn't exactly help to defuse things either.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Re:

Post by aragon »

hhinner wrote:^^ Perhaps if hin hadn't been so quick with his own rather insulting response and failing to see the purpose behind the OP there would have been no abusive retorts. Hin's second post didn't exactly help to defuse things either.
Don't disagree in principle, however IMHO my point still stands, that there was nothing witty, funny or intelligent about it. The whys and wherefores being another matter.
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
Siani
Legend
Legend

Re: Re:

Post by Siani »

aragon wrote:
hhinner wrote:^^ Perhaps if hin hadn't been so quick with his own rather insulting response and failing to see the purpose behind the OP there would have been no abusive retorts. Hin's second post didn't exactly help to defuse things either.
Don't disagree in principle, however IMHO my point still stands, that there was nothing witty, funny or intelligent about it. The whys and wherefores being another matter.
aragon wrote:
Siani wrote: :) I like most of his posts. He has a sense of humor, witty, funny and intelligent :)
Really:

" you utter wally. "
" YOU COMPLETE MORON "

You may find the above insults to be witty, funny and intelligent, but I think most people would find them to be just what they are, nasty, unnecessary insults thrown out as part of an anger fuelled diatribe :tsk: :tsk:
At first I was going to ignore your insults to me, really uncalled for, if I may say so.

What on earth does Jimmy Saville have to do with the fact I said that "normally" GLC has a sense of humor, witty, funny and intelligent? I meant most of his posts on the forum.

Obviously he made a mistake, goodness me, we all do in this life sometimes :roll:
He added that he did not swear or was abusive. I am sure if he had been he would have been arrested and quite rightly so.
Maybe you should watch some footage on Police Camera action about drunks in the UK...swearing and fighting on a Friday night. Wind Street in Swansea is like a battle zone. I don't think GLC actions sounded like any of these.

I am not saying that he was in the wrong, yes he was.

Anyway, when it come to rudeness, you are Sir, rude!
I would NEVER call a complete stranger A Wally, Moron,Jimmy Saville :? and Tw**T!!!!!

I think GLC was good enough to see the error of his ways. He has expressed his remorse. He seems to have principles. Some people cannot even remember what they had said or done when under the influence!
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Siani wrote:
aragon wrote:
aragon wrote:
Really:

" you utter wally. "
" YOU COMPLETE MORON "

At first I was going to ignore your insults to me, really uncalled for, if I may say so.

What on earth does Jimmy Saville have to do with the fact I said that "normally" GLC has a sense of humor, witty, funny and intelligent? I meant most of his posts on the forum. Not this incident with the Thai police.

Obviously he made a mistake, goodness me, we all do in this life sometimes :roll:
He added that he did not swear or was abusive. I am sure if he had been he would have been arrested and quite rightly so.
Maybe you should watch some footage on Police Camera action about drunks in the UK...swearing and fighting on a Friday night. Wind Street in Swansea is like a battle zone. I don't think GLC actions sounded like any of these.

I am not saying that he was in the wrong, yes he was.

I would NEVER call a complete stranger A Wally, Moron,Jimmy Saville :? and Tw**T!!!!!

I think GLC was good enough to see the error of his ways. He has expressed his remorse. He seems to have principles. Some people cannot even remember what they had said or done when under the influence!
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Siani wrote:
Siani wrote:
aragon wrote:
aragon wrote:
Really:

" you utter wally. "
" YOU COMPLETE MORON "

What on earth does Jimmy Saville have to do with the fact I said that "normally" GLC has a sense of humor, witty, funny and intelligent? I meant most of his posts on the forum. Not this incident with the Thai police.

I am not saying that he was not in the wrong, yes he was.

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

So... forget my little spat with irrelevant non posters.

The question in topic is: When you got it wrong in Thailand?

Must be some replies/stories but the plomkers in admin have moved this to 'Foo"

So they'll be no thread running on this one. Admin loves to kill a forum.

How many people must read this dying forum now? Twenty? Thirty?

Admin stifles any sort of decent debate.

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Let's get back to the question:

WHEN DID YOU EVER GET IT WRONG IN THAILAND?