Tesco Chaos

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Big Boy

Re: Tesco Chaos

Post by Big Boy »

Vital Spark wrote:Re. Major Cineplex; the first week they offered Ben Hur in English (that was 3 weeks ago), since then the films have all been in Thai. Most of my students would prefer to watch movies with the original soundtrack and Thai subtitles. I'm badgering Major Cineplex on Facebook - haven't had a reply yet, which is no surprise.
I complained daily to Major Cineplex HQ (there's a thread on here somewhere), about Hua Hin Cinema for about 2 months. They got fed up with me eventually, and I would say we get at least 1 original soundtrack movie each week, which I think is pretty good considering the ratio of Thai to English speaking people here. Don't give up.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Is the head lady in the wine dept still there, I love to buy my wine from her?
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

oakdale160 wrote:Is the head lady in the wine dept still there, I love to buy my wine from her?
I wonder if she`s the same one who told me "no beah wewen cock"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think there is a "bulk buy" rule country wide, but I forget the quantities. I seem to recall 2+ cases of beer and 3+ bottles of wine or spirits can be bought at any time a store is open under the bulk rule? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

prcscct wrote:I think there is a "bulk buy" rule country wide, but I forget the quantities. I seem to recall 2+ cases of beer and 3+ bottles of wine or spirits can be bought at any time a store is open under the bulk rule? Pete :cheers:
I think you need some kind of certification that you are a retailer. That's what the sign says in Makro, anyway.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Used to be able to buy minimum 10 litres at any time, but they stopped that quite a while ago. Now, as VS says, only licensed store/restaurant owners can buy any time.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Bristolian wrote:What he or she is not responsible for are the delivery times of goods. Over the years stores have reduced goods storage to basically zero. When goods arrive that must be placed on store shelves.
That may be what I just experienced at Villa Market this evening. There were zero shopping carts available for customers. They apparently were *all* scattered throughout the store, each with a handful of goods to be placed on shelves. Concern for customers wanting to put their shopping in a cart? Heaven forbid.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, Bluport looks to be saving Tesco for me. A recent walk around Tesco at midday today was a pleasure. Long may it last.

Even picked up a few bargains - 1/3 off regular prices (reckon we saved 678 Baht on normal prices).
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Wow, sounds like I have to try get used to Tesco again this Winter. I hope I can get it all
good in my mind in the 2 months that I will be there. I hope the chaos at the beach will be
a problem to deal with. You know the one with all the swimmers running away from the jelly
fish. Oh I am so looking forward to getting away from the snow and frost bite. What do you
British expats call frost bite, or is that just a northern Scotland problem?
Geezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Stargeezer wrote:What do you British expats call frost bite
Frostbite.
Talk is cheap