Almost "attacked" by dogs

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
mbutt
Rookie
Rookie

Almost "attacked" by dogs

Post by mbutt »

Hi there,

I was on my bike with a lady friend on the back (visiting form England - not a Thai "girlfriend") and while we were driving down my back street we were suddenly surround by dogs, 5 or 6 I think. 2 were rather large, the rest small. One "bit" me (no broken skin) and one "bit" my lady friend (again, no broken skin)
If there was broken skin, we would be in for rabies shots now.

So, she is very freaked out and wants to get to a hotel in town now. It's ok, she is only a friend.

However, I want to do something about it as it's in my street and the alpha male in me has HAD ENOUGH. Some of these dogs have owners.

What can I do ? Will the police do anything ? If not, what would happen if I took matter into my own hands ?

Any advice greatly appreciated before I do something I will regret

mbutt
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Which Street?
JD
Legend
Legend

Re: Almost "attacked" by dogs

Post by JD »

Go to 7-11; buy a big bag of dry dog food; tomorrow morning walk out and drop a few small piles of food here and there.

When the dogs come up to you drop some food between you and them, as soon as they know you are not a threat and they maybe get some food they will leave you alone.

At the moment you are strangers on their patch; if you run or try to escape on a motorbike; you are not local or are prey. Make friends of the local dogs and they will leave you alone, if you drop them a few treats they will actually come and greet you with a smile every day.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
mbutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mbutt »

Thats a great idea - many thanks indeed.

Run or try to escape? Not me. To stubborn, and now too angry. But I would rather do what you suggest than get into trouble with the law.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

do they have owners, or are they strays? If they're strays I think there's a number you can call, but I'm not sure what that number is I'm afraid... I'm sure somebody on the forum has it so hopefully they'll see this thread and advise.

I'd be wary of the 'try and befriend the nice doggy' approach - a friend of mine was badly bitten in Koh Chang trying to do just that.